Author Topic: Error while transfer of tracks from a CD  (Read 856 times)

Malycia8

Hi!

On my new laptop I decided to try MusicBee and to transfer all my songs from my CDs to my computer (instead of copying my songs from my old laptop which is almost dead and very slow).

I have a problem when I transfer the tracks from a CD (not MP3 format). The transfer cannot be completed as the last track won't transfer correctly and there is an error. Copy Failed - Unable to open CD track (error=BASS_ERROR_CDTRACK)
However, that song is not broken. It results that the tracks already transferred don't have the right description (as one track is missing from the CD, the song doesn't macth the description). Is anyone already had this issue? I have this problem with all my CDs, except the ones the songs are in MP3 format.

Thanks for your help

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Malycia8

What version of MusicBee are you using exactly?
Are those commercially manufactured CD's, or have you burned them yourself?

Malycia8

I use the version 3.3.7367 and these are CDs I have burned myself.

hiccup

Are those cd's 'finalised'?
(and not so-called open sessions)

A quick forum search showed me that Player > Output settings can play a role here.
You could try some different settings there. (wasapi, directsound, etc.)

If all fails, does ripping them with other software work?
(e.g. something like EAC)

Malycia8

This is the Store version.

Yes the CDs are finalized, I cannot re-burn them (if it's what you meant by finalized).

I will try to modify the output settings, see if it fixes the problem. If not, then, like you said, I will try to use other software.

Thanks

hiccup

I will try to modify the output settings, see if it fixes the problem. If not, then, like you said, I will try to use other software.
Thanks

O.k. please report back after that?
That might be helpful to other users searching for solutions for similar issues.

Malycia8

I changed the outputs settings, and I had the same error message. It did not fix the problem.

Finally, I extracted the tracks from Window Media Player and then transferred them in MusicBee and everything is fine! All the songs play perfectly and the song's description is accurate.

Thanks for your help! :)

hiccup

P.S.
If you think you might become an enthusiastic and more demanding user of MusicBee; ditch the Store version and go portable.
(or full-install)

Not saying it's related to your issue, but you will have access to more recent updates, and less chance of Windows saying "No!", or causing vague issues in some situations.