Author Topic: My track list is out of order  (Read 6170 times)

musicsong99

I don't know for the whole night I been organizing my library and this one album I just imported into my library just have the tracks in the wrong order. I fixed the tags and organizing everything with this album and nothing working. BTW I am new to musicbee recently using this music player because of recommendations of this being a good player and using private torrents like jpopsuki to get more of available music from Japan easily. So here's the photo of what I am talking about

Steven

• Administrator
Is that screenshot from immediately after you edited the tags? MB doesnt resort the panel immediately after editing. You need to press F5 to force resorting

musicsong99

No it just the regular music library tab this screenshot is not after auto tagging

Steven

• Administrator
in that case check the sorting that is active eg. if you sort by a field that differs between tracks such as date added then this would happen (if that is the case sort by Date Added (Album))

musicsong99

I did it and it worked but my jump bar completely disappeared mainly the letters parts

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What are you sorting by now? The jumpbar reflects the data type of the field you sort by. So if you're sorting by a date field, it will give you dates, not letters.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

musicsong99

Yea I understand and now my whole music library is in shambles again after setting the order back to Album artist\year\Album. Everything was perfect and now certain tracks won't show to them being separate even though they come from a certain album its a mess. I don't know what am I going to do about this.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's frustrating. Sounds like you may need to retag some things. Be sure you've reviewed the suggestions here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_are_tracks_from_the_same_album_shown_separately_in_my_library.3F
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

frankz

Select all tracks of an album.
Right Click->Edit
Post a screenshot of that screen

musicsong99

its not the same album I posted earlier but another one but this ain't the only album but multiple albums like this so how can I solve this issue once and for all. Also in this image I wanted to show the track numbers and that is part of the issue too

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What is your sort order in this screenshot? Also, what do you have in Sorting/Grouping preferences for fields defining an album?
Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:16:36 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

musicsong99

I don't know how that happen thats how the menu looks when I open it in tag editor mode and its in album and track for the sorting.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, sorting by album and track. But what's in Sorting/Grouping preferences? Maybe a screenshot of that window would help.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)