Author Topic: Better search - highlighting found text and song in search results  (Read 1232 times)

SuperMrBlob

When searching for a particular song in the album covers view, MusicBee filters only to albums that contain matches. This is great, but an album might contain 100 songs (compilations/mixes), and it can be difficult to find the exact track you're looking for. I've found myself having to switch over to a different view just to use search, which is awkward.

It would be great if MusicBee could somehow highlight the found song (e.g. by reducing the opacity of the other songs in the album that don't match the search query?), as well as perhaps actually highlighting the text in the song that was found (e.g. yellow highlight similar to Chrome's CTRL-F of the part of the artist's name or the song's title that matches the search query).

It would also be great if it was possible to configure MusicBee to just completely hide all the songs in the album that don't match the search term at all (instead of just e.g. reducing their opacity).

As a bit of an aside, and just as an idea, I would love to see an option that automatically switches MusicBee to the 'Tracks' view when searching, from where you can queue up your found tracks etc., and automatically returns to the previous view when searching is complete.

Cheers!

Steven

• Administrator
Click the Search icon in the search text box/ Search Results and untick Always Show Entire album
That might suffice for what you need

SuperMrBlob

That's perfect!! MusicBee has so many features that it's too easy to miss half of them. Thank-you!