Author Topic: Moods, Occasions, Genres etcetera in Left Navigation Panel  (Read 4732 times)

jbee

First of all, I know that this can kind of be achieved through using the "Track Browser", but I don't really use the track browser and would like to see this as an alternative.

My suggestion is that, in the "Left Navigation Panel", where the user sees "Library", "Playlists", "Internet", "Computer" (and so), it should be possible to add a few more things, such as "Moods", "Occasions", "Tempo", "Genres" and maybe even other properties that I can't come up with now.

The user should be able to show or hide these under Preference -> Layout, just like it works now with the previously mentioned "navigation tabs".

Then it could look something like this:

> Library
> Playlists
> Moods
> Occasions
> Tempo
> Internet
> Computer

and within each "navigation tab", the sub-categories should be set based on how they have been set for different songs through the music library. So, for example, if I have set mood "Calm" for one song, and mood "Happy" for another these two moods would show up here, and clicking on them would show me the songs in question. Same obviously goes for the other suggested "navigation tabs".

Currently, I'm achieving this by creating automated playlists for these things. The problem with that is every playlist for every mood, occasion, tempo etcetera must be created manually whereas my suggestion would just do that automatically from the properties set throughout the music library.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
sounds like you want media monkey!
you can also acheive this usimg the library explorer on the left panel

jbee

sounds like you want media monkey!
you can also acheive this usimg the library explorer on the left panel

Not at all. Bees before monkeys, honey before bananas. Always.

Steven

• Administrator
actually i realise now that the library explorer wont do exactly what you want

Xyzzy

I think it would be nice to have Library explorer work like Track browser (selecting item in the tree being equivalent to selecting an item in the Track browser), plus sub-item counts as well.

Steven

• Administrator
not exactly how its been asked for, but i have allowed for categories to be displayed and selected from in the library explorer so you would see something like this:

the categories displayed are configurable and needs to be enabled
Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:35:33 AM by Steven

jbee

Thank you Steven, this is absolutely fantastic! I was so happy with this new feature that I almost forgot I had a pizza in the oven.

VX

That's excellent implementation. The GUI is not cluttered and there is a very easy access to the new and useful feature. Thanks  :)