Author Topic: Enhance Tools section by allowing multiple external tools  (Read 13423 times)

Lore

Hi,

I'd like to access several external tools from MusicBee (e.g. Album Art Downloader and Mp3tag); my request is to enhance the support for external tools by managing a list of them instead of a single one.
My basic idea is explained in the screenshot below (sorry for the horrible mockup) :D

It should have the usual add-edit-delete buttons and 2 up and down buttons to move the highlighted record, so that you may have the tools sorted as you prefer under the "Send To" menu element.
I think it could also cover past and future requests to add custom "Send To" elements (e.g. I noticed a topic about adding the "Send To editor" element) and it could incorporate the "external audio editor" section under Tools (that would become redundant).
Thanks,
Lore
Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:55:16 PM by Lore

VX

It should have the usual add-edit-delete buttons and 2 up and down buttons to move the highlighted record, so that you may have the tools sorted as you prefer under the "Send To" menu element.
I think it could also cover past and future requests to add custom "Send To" elements (e.g. I noticed a topic about adding the "Send To editor" element) and it could incorporate the "external audio editor" section under Tools (that would become redundant).

Excellent idea, Lore  :)
+1

Furthermore, as far as I can see in Your mock up there would be possible to set the same tool with different command line parameters for different functionality  8) For example, I could set up TagScanner to be used with different list maker and capitalization options   8)

jlarrym

+1 I think the implementation of this idea would be very beneficial.

OrB

+1
as a smaller solution - i would like to have a second external tool

Lore

Hi Steven,

I'm bumping this thread to know if you may have a look at this request, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Lore

ma_t14

Wow, thats an awfully good suggestion. How did I miss this thread?  +1

ma_t14

I'm bumping this thread again for 2 reasons, for one this request was popular among many people who find it really useful and two I would like to hear an opinion from Steven regarding how feasible would it be to implement such a feature  :-\
Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:07:17 PM by ma_t14

Maleko12

Steven

• Administrator

Lore

Hi Steven,

Any chance to look at this request during the 1.4 dev cycle? That's the last thing I need to consider MB perfect for my needs :)
Thanks,
Lore