Author Topic: Syncing to SD Card?  (Read 1362 times)

Yakob

Hi all,

Running version 3.3.7261. Have a LG V20 phone with an SD card.

I'm trying to set up Musicbee to sync to the SD card when I select sync to device from the context menu. No success so far after trying:

-Changing the ini file (no V20 device listed)
-Changing the file path in the device settings (SD card isn't listed as an option)
-Removing the device from the 'known devices' list and having Musicbee rediscover it (no change)
-Disabling/re-enabling MTP on phone (no change)
-Adding a folder in the SD card as a virtual device (option to add is grayed out)

-Making a virtual folder on my computer then copying the folder is not an option for me (too much music; quicker just to drag and drop)

I'm not very savvy at figuring this stuff out at my own, but if somebody has a fix I can sure follow instructions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm using the V20 as a music player. I'm assuming you're attempting a wired sync, correct? Change the device's storage path to V20\SD card\.
That's what mine reads.

Also, you can use a WiFi sync instead of wired. But first you must do at least a wired preview. No need to actually transfer any files. Once the preview is complete, remove the device.
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:42:22 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vincent kars

Do you have "check MTP devices" checked?
https://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MusicBee/MusicBee_Sync.htm

Does Windows see the V20?
If not MB won't see it either because there is some problem detecting the V20 over the USB.

Yakob

Thanks for the replies.

Changing the path to V20\SD card worked just fine. I could have sworn that I tried that before and MB just changed it back. Must have mixed up the file path the first time around.

As to the other suggestion, MB didn't offer an option to "detect MTP devices." Perhaps I'm using a different version or something? Idk.

Nonetheless, thanks very much!  ::)

vincent kars

Perhaps I'm using a different version or something?
No, it is me referring to an older version.
Sorry