Author Topic: Sudden Bug Report  (Read 1637 times)

Similtiades

Hi,
I'm suddenly getting a bug report coming up whenever I try to access my playlists. The text that it told me to copy is below. Anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do? The app suddenly closed by itself, and when it reopened it was minimised into the top right corner (weird as I always have it fullscreen), then this started. No idea what could have caused it - backed up play counts from iTunes and left the computer to do something else while it synched. It finished synching long before this happened though.

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 6 Jan 2021 15:31:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.Close()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter.Close()
   at System.Xml.XmlWriter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.Xml.XmlWriter.Dispose()
   at #=zhhhv6pWq02l$hjFpw9wNAAXMlulS.#=zPeKp9$9CLMtn()
   at #=zhhhv6pWq02l$hjFpw9wNAAXMlulS.#=z1m$OVIM=()
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=znAI_AI4bf1ma.#=zVIq6B5tW0qIy()
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=znAI_AI4bf1ma.#=zJ920GU7HoYkxmAOTSw==()
   at #=zmF_NsNnLg2hT0LlOq6jHtWE=.#=zSfFdlT7dCwqn(#=zHSvoolzhbQYxUVgxCYMj3SZ6h_PNONI90g== #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at #=zzAXUChwD4K7dS5rhBDP5Rw0=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at #=zmF_NsNnLg2hT0LlOq6jHtWE=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zzAXUChwD4K7dS5rhBDP5Rw0=.WndProc(Message& #=zcoS3AB0=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
Make sure you have access to whatever path your playlists are in.
Also whitelist the entire MB directory in whatever AV application you use.
Please provide the exact steps to reproduce the error. And does it happen every time you perform those steps?
Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:43:36 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
This error could also happen if the playlist file is marked as read-only in windows explorer

Similtiades

Thanks for the replies, sorry it's taken a few days to get back online - work schedule has been heavy.

I've looked in the Playlists folder as well as the Library folder of my MusicBee files, and nothing is marked as Read Only.

I went through my Firewall Settings and MusicBee wasn't whitelisted for some reason. I have it whitelisted now but that didn't fix the problem.

For reproducing the error, I'm just opening MusicBee, going to a playlist, and clicking on one of the sort options in the header bar, then the error message pops up. As far as I can tell, everything else is still working fine - music still plays fine, there aren't any playback issues, and I can edit the song info without a problem. It only comes up with this error message when I click "artist", "album", "year" (or etc.) to sort the playlist. The only thing that I can think of that is different now from when MusicBee was working fine, is in backing up the playcounts and ratings from iTunes after synching my phone... But it backed up fine and didn't have any issues in doing so.

EDIT: I closed MusicBee after writing this comment, and got an error message that it was unable to save changes to the library because access was denied. So it does sound like there's an access issue somewhere but if nothing has changed itself to Read Only then any suggestions where it could be? I tried opening MusicBee as Administrator and that didn't change anything either.
Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:57:01 PM by Similtiades

phred

• Global Moderator
Download and 'install' the Portable version from the first forum topic and then patch to the current version. See my signature for patch info. I suggest putting the portable version in something like x:\MusicBee and not in any Windows controlled directories.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Similtiades

I did as you suggested and no change. So I figured I'd uninstall MusicBee completely and reinstall it just backed up from the iTunes backup. When I did that, I get a load of error messages that it can't find the file location, with a notepad error that I'll paste below. When I restore the library files from recycling bin, the error persists. So I can't restart MusicBee from scratch, and I can't continue with the current library without errors. I'm really lost as to what I'm supposed to do now.

14/01/2021 15:38:46 - 10.0.19042.0 - 3.3.7491.38139D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\ingae\Music\MusicBee\]
   at #=zS7Y8WuQ_KE8x6CT5BEoM5Bg=.#=zL26XO$zXm0_H.#=z0YaEnzk=.#=z$YokcBc=(#=zgDb_8P4OGP5Fy_1nP0xx14k= #=zGUEa4LI=, Boolean #=zM3eqlDFD_$dJ)
   at #=z6CKJhZFjyY$N$fMlzZRdJME=.#=zBMR4xTQ=.#=zznFdti8=(#=zgDb_8P4OGP5Fy_1nP0xx14k= #=zGUEa4LI=)
   at #=z6CKJhZFjyY$N$fMlzZRdJME=.#=zrQushGqVqT6L(#=zgDb_8P4OGP5Fy_1nP0xx14k= #=zGUEa4LI=)
   at #=zgeY_Na03jtcNMBza84h0RpVbwUy0.Main(String[] args)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'd uninstall MusicBee completely and reinstall it just backed up from the iTunes backup.
I don't understand what you mean by reinstall it just backed up from the iTunes backup
What did you back up in itunes and how are you reinstalling it in MB?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Similtiades

Well I have all the songs on the laptop harddrive and backed up onto an external hard drive. All the songs with the song info, playcounts, artwork, etc. are on iTunes. So, why wouldn't I be able to just remove MusicBee from the laptop, reinstall it, and restore the songs from the laptop & take the info from iTunes the same as I did when I first installed MusicBee? MusicBee even gives you that option when you first install the programme... At least it did on my old laptop and when I first installed it on this one.

phred

• Global Moderator
Ok - I understand now. I was doing too many things at once when I read it quickly.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Similtiades

No problem. Am I missing something in trying to restart MusicBee anew? I guess the error when I open it up after reinstalling it is because it's looking for the previous files that were deleted with uninstalling, but if it's a new installation that I'm trying to set up, why is it looking for those? How do I get it to treat it as a completely new installation as if it were a fresh laptop that had never had MusicBee installed before?