Author Topic: Request to enhance Edit Track form (tags section)  (Read 10211 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i hope this acheives the same thing - i've enhanced the Tools/Tagging Tools/Remove Tags function so instead of removing all tags it now give you the choice of removing all tags as before or to remove a specific tag. There is a tag field dropdown that has every tag in use for the selected files and choosing one will remove that tag.
I still need to test this more before i make it available though

Lore

i hope this acheives the same thing - i've enhanced the Tools/Tagging Tools/Remove Tags function so instead of removing all tags it now give you the choice of removing all tags as before or to remove a specific tag. There is a tag field dropdown that has every tag in use for the selected files and choosing one will remove that tag.
I still need to test this more before i make it available though
Hi Steven,

It seems a good solution but I'd like to know the following: say for example that you want to remove 3 tags; do you have to enter Tools/Tagging Tools/Remove Tags 3 times or would you select the 3 tags to remove and delete them all together after pressing e.g. a "Save" button? Maybe the first case wouldn't be very convenient.
Besides, since a method to remove all tags already exists, would it be possible to add, as proposed in another post by me, a "wipe all tags before tagging" option in auto tag? I think it would be enough to call the same method invoked in Tools/Tagging Tools/Remove Tag (just guessing).
Thanks again :)

Lore

boroda

May be its worth to add command 'wipe all tags that are not used/mapped in MB' also (i.e all tags that are invisible in MB)?

Lore

Hi Steven,

I tried the new tag removal functionality and I like it! I think it's a good compromise :)
I have only this request, let me know if it can be done: every time a tag is selected, the list of values closes, so you have to repeat these actions n times for n tags:

- open the list of values
- select the tag you want to delete (after doing it, the list of values is closed)
- reopen the list of values etc.

Is it possible to keep the list of values open after the first time you open it? In this way I would select all the tags I want to remove and avoid to reopen the list every time I want to add a tag to be removed. My idea is that it would auto-close when you confirm to perform the action or click outside the list of values.
Thanks and regards!
Lore

ma_t14

I totally agree with this. I already expressed my concern in another thread. It would certainly be more productive if the dropdown stayed open when selecting multiple tags

Btw wouldn't it be better if the dropdown menu does not disappear upon selecting a tag?
Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:50:42 AM by ma_t14

ma_t14

Quote from: Lore
Is it possible to keep the list of values open after the first time you open it? In this way I would select all the tags I want to remove and avoid to reopen the list every time I want to add a tag to be removed. My idea is that it would auto-close when you confirm to perform the action or click outside the list of values.

I still think this is really good idea unless there's some reason it is impossible to implement  ::)

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it so the tag selector stays open. You can close it by clicking anywhere off the dropdown

ma_t14

I am glad to hear that ;D

Another place that the same change is needed is when creating the rules "is any of" and "is not any of" but there are probably more places, not sure...

Steven

• Administrator
"is any of" opens a text box dialog that you enter the multiple values in. Did you mean something else?

ma_t14

No, that was what I meant. When you click on any value to select it the dropdown closes and you have to open it again. It should stay open because if you intend to choose multiple objects it gets a really daunting task.

Lore

i've changed it so the tag selector stays open. You can close it by clicking anywhere off the dropdown
Hi,

Sorry for replying so late :( Thanks a lot for this change Steven! I think it's fine enough for my needs.
Regards,
Lore

Lore

Hi,

I'm bumping this thread because I noticed that the tag removal action (from Tools/Tagging Tools/Remove Tags) requires that the selected track is not playing (otherwise you get a "file used" error); is it possible to have the tag removal work even while the track is playing?
Thanks,
Lore

Steven

• Administrator