Author Topic: I have a couple of questions about burning discs  (Read 600 times)

Finch Platte

Hi-  8)

I'm new here, and new to MusicBee.

I'm an avid disc burner, and love to make CD compilations for myself and friends, so I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How do I play the songs as I put them into the queue, ready to burn? I can open the songs using Windows Media Player or VLC as I'm picking them out off my hard drives, but I want to be able to click on the song in the queue to make sure that it's in the correct order. Does this make sense? I could do this with JRiver, and it was a neat feature.

2) How do I delete a song from the queue? I've found that by unchecking it, it doesn't make its way to the burned disc, but is there a way to remove it totally?

3) Using JRiver, the songs on my comps would show up on my car stereo display- with MusicBee, it doesn't. Any way to fix this?

I have a couple of other questions, but I can't think of them at the moment. It's an age thing, you know?   :P

Thanks for any help!

fp

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I would make the "queue" in a playlist. That way you can easily listen to them, reorder them, remove them, etc. Then burn the playlist to a disc. Be sure to display the # column so you can easily see the official order. This will also let you preserve the list for future reference. There's a "lock playlist" command which will ensure the playlist isn't accidentally changed later.

For the display info, I'm not sure. I thought there was an option to include metadata on the disc but I don't see it now.
Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:07:23 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)