Author Topic: How to change font colour in skin  (Read 3759 times)

Italia

Hello
This is my first post and I apologise in advance if this has been asked before. I did do a search, but nothing relevant came up.

I've been using MusicBee for about 2 years now. I'd been a VERY long time Winamp user but decided to change because it became so flaky under Win 10 and there was nothing much positive coming from the developers. Have not regretted my decision.

My problem is as follows. I use a skin "Tron Punk" by Hiccup, which I absolutely love, however my eyes have a problem reading the menu text which is in a kind of brown. It's not the skin, it's my eyes.....I have to get my kid to read it to me because I simply cannot make out the characters in that colour.
I wanted to know if there was a simple way (I'm no coder) to change the colour into something I can actually see.....or maybe the author could take pity and help an old doddder out :)
Screenshot below

phred

• Global Moderator
Look for hiccup's Sample Skin. That should help you find the element you're looking for. However, if the skin is bitmapped (.xmlc) you won't be able to change anything.

Also look in the Developer's Area for a three or four part Skinning Guide.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Thanks for the appreciation Italia

You don't need extensive skinning skills or lengthy tutorials to achieve this.

Take a look here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.0
It explains how to create a simple piggyback skin that alters only some specific elements of a skin that you like.

Give it a try?
If you don't succeed let me know, I'll then try to create one for you later this week.