Author Topic: Support for milliseconds in lyrics [00:00.000]  (Read 2614 times)

wibef77232

Request: I know you may have more important things to add/solve, but, could you add support for the milliseconds of .lrc files [00:00.000]? Files are fatally out of sync with the current format [00:00].

Plugins like "Desktop Lyrics" (floating) do it perfectly, but it's not ideal for me. THANKS!!!

Goblet

+1

I've also found lyrics to commonly be out of pace due to this.

Steven

• Administrator
milliseconds on timestamps are already read and applied. However what country are you from? Its possible "." is not being processed as expected
Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:39:31 PM by Steven

wibef77232

milliseconds on timestamps are already read and applied. However what country are you from? Its possible "." is not being processed as expected
From Mexico.

Same file .mp3 & .lrc: video

The file content is (.lrc):

Code
[00:01.00]Look, I was gonna go easy on you and not to hurt your feelings
[00:04.59]But I'm only going to get this one chance
[00:08.33]Something's wrong, I can feel it (Six minutes, Slim Shady, you're on)
[00:12.43]Just a feeling I've got, like something's about to happen, but I don't know what

And I tried adding an extra 0 to complete the 3 digits ([00:08.033]), but it didn't work either.

Steven

• Administrator

wibef77232

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, I tried another song and another local player. [VIDEO]

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
I did make another change not related to milliseconds timestamp parsing which i think should improve things.
Its on the same link as above

wibef77232

Yeah, the improvement is evident (Video: With and without patch). I don't know if it's perfect yet, because I'm having problems with other files, but it might be the sync of my files (I'll keep you posted).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN IN SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

Now, could you please add something so I can ignore the "empty times", I've got this little issue (video) and I've got hundreds of files just like it.

I'm not sure what this is used for (in other players it doesn't show me the problem), I think that having the same time, it doesn't know which one to read or reads the last one.

File extract/content:
Code
[02:15.62]You can rest assured I'll give you my best side
[02:20.02]Seems we all have friends to find
[02:20.02]
[02:23.66]So this is the hate I've been born to

Goblet

This also works a lot better for me now, thanks a lot Steven. I have noticed a couple changes that I'm not sure are intended?

In the album covers view, I can no longer click the album artist name in the drop down tracklist area and be taken to respective their artist page in the music explorer, and single tracks are now more spread out. The latter does make sense as it fills out the empty space, however I figured I'd post about it here as the former sounds a bit off. I had a look in the settings and couldn't see anything to toggle it.

Old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Tl93Mbedk
New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZUT7J7roI
Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:41:15 PM by Goblet

Steven

• Administrator
In the album covers view, I can no longer click the album artist name in the drop down tracklist area and be taken to respective their artist page in the music explorer
I have put it back in. Same link as before

Goblet

In the album covers view, I can no longer click the album artist name in the drop down tracklist area and be taken to respective their artist page in the music explorer
I have put it back in. Same link as before

Thank you Steven, really appreciate how quick you are to fix issues.