Author Topic: "Locate Playing Track at Source" - Locate in currently playing playlist?  (Read 1982 times)

Soundtrack Central

Hi all. So here's the scenario:

- I play a track in a playlist, for example "sci-fi soundtracks"
- I browse a different playlist
- I select the "Locate Playing Track at Source" command
- MusicBee jumps to the track playing from "sci-fi soundtracks", but in the main "Music" library item's view

I would like for it to jump to the "sci-fi soundtracks" playlist that I played the track from instead. Is this possible to set up?

TateB

If you right-click on the track, then go to search, there is an option called "Locate in Playlist."  This will bring up all playlists containing the song.  You can select whichever playlist you want and it will jump there.

Soundtrack Central

Thanks for that suggestion, TateB. I'm aware of the "Locate in Playlist" menu but would like to be able to do the trick with the simpler "Locate Playing Track at Source" command.

For what it's worth it's similar behavior to when you click on the album art for the currently playing track in Spotify (saying that knowing that they're two different beasts).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The playing tracks list doesn't remember which playlist you loaded tracks from, so this isn't currently possible.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
If you are using the Playlist Explorer for playlist management (which is the default in v3+) then i see there is an oversight for handling the case where the active playlist is not the current playing playlist. This should fix that:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

The playing tracks list doesn't remember which playlist you loaded tracks from, so this isn't currently possible.
That used to be the case but it was implemented in more recent versions. The current implementation doesnt work perfectly though - it only works if the entire Playing Tracks list is sourced from one location.
Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:11:14 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Good to know, awesome!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Soundtrack Central

Thanks for the confirmation on this, Steven. I notice using the Playlist Explorer on 3.3.7491 Store version it works exactly as you described.

If it's possible at some point to get it working the same via the Playlists list in the main Library column that would be great. I use that instead of Playlist Explorer to save on screen real estate.