Author Topic: tracks out of order and duplication of tracks; please help  (Read 1140 times)

boyarin

I have imported some opera files and the tracks are not appearing in the right order. For instance one starts with act 2 and then does 3, 4, and 1 at the end.
Also one opera that I imported has every track doubled, so track 1, track 1, track 2, track 2 etc.
Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

Thanks so much

Daniel Boyarin

boyarin

I'm trying this again, because I got no response before (I think it was because my subject header was uninformative).
I'm a newbie and I love the program but,
1) in some operas the tracks are out of order, act 4, then 2,3, and1 for instance and similar misarrangements.
2) in one opera every track is repeated immediately, so track 1, track 1, track2, track2 etc.
3) if the wrong cover art has been associated with a recording, how can I exchange it for the correct one?
4) how do I get to my entire library to see everything I have?

Thanks so much; I know these are rookie questions but I don't know how to answer them myself.

Daniel Boyarin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not getting a reply in four hours is not terribly unusual. I've merged your posts to prevent double responses.

To address the questions... screenshots might help, but for these out of order operas, are the tracks numbered in the correct order?

For the duplicates, are they actually the same file? If so, look in the tag editor for a cue sheet button under the artwork. If it's a different file, then you may just need better tagging.

How to change the artwork depends a little on where it is, but try right clicking.

Have you discovered the left navigator? You'll see it when you mouse over the left side of the window

I suggest you check out the wiki for a while to see if answers to any of your questions are there. Not all of them will be, but I bet a lot are.
Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:41:48 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boyarin

thanks these answers seem very helpful and I didn't even know about the wiki till this note.

Be well

db

boyarin

I've been trying to sole my problems using the WIKI and also just by fooling around, and some seem better now, but I've got one persistent one that I think I have a solution to but would like to check before trying it out.
I had downloaded to different recordings that both have exactly the same title
Wagner - Lohengrin (tow entirely different performances). The both appear in my library. However, I've got two problems; they show identical album covers and if I correct one the other follows suit, whereas of course the point is to have different ones.
Also one of them seems to have only part of the opera (the original download has it complete) and, as I wrote yesterday, doubles each track with the same track number repeated.
I'm thinking that if I delete the faulty one from my hard disk entirely and then download it again and save it under a new and different title, this will solve both problems. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Daniel Boyarin

hiccup

I had downloaded to different recordings that both have exactly the same title
Wagner - Lohengrin (tow entirely different performances). The both appear in my library. However, I've got two problems; they show identical album covers and if I correct one the other follows suit, whereas of course the point is to have different ones.
Also one of them seems to have only part of the opera (the original download has it complete) and, as I wrote yesterday, doubles each track with the same track number repeated.

When looking at 'albums' in MusicBee, it's essential to understand the concept of what defines an album.
If you downloaded different releases that have the same album and album artist names, it will cause issues as you described.

Check your settings under Preferences > Sorting/Grouping > Grouping
You could either make changes there, or you could make sure that the albums that you downloaded have different content for the tags that are set to what defines an album.

boyarin

Dear Forum,
I've been making a lot of progress in figuring out how to use MusicBee with some crucial help from you folks, thanks. I've got one dilemma that I haven't been able to solve. I have two different downloaded recordings of the same opera with substantially the same cast but a couple of significant differences as well, one from 1966 and one from 1970, and a couple of cast changes. They both appear in my library but with the same album cover. If I change one of them to its correct album cover, the other changes as well, so that they both appear with the same album cover no matter what I do. I tried changing the tagging for one, so that they would have different ID's but that didn't work (or I didn't do it properly).
Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much and thanks for a wonderful program.

Daniel Boyarin

frankz

Is this an embedded image or is it a *.jpg stored in the folder with the music files.

If it is a *.jpg stored in the folder with the music files, are the music files for both albums in the same folder?

boyarin

Dear All,
I think I've got MusicBee working pretty well now after about two weeks of playing with it. It is a wonderful program. I have the same problem, however, I've been struggling with from the beginning. Sometimes when I have downloaded two entirely different performances of the same opera, either with closely related casts and sometimes with totally different casts, they get merged somehow in the library. One symptom of this is even though I have the cover art for both of them, if I choose one picture, they both change to that and vice versa. Sometimes it's worse and the tracks actually get merged, so that I have track 1 of one and then track 1 of the other one etc. in the same library listing.
Also I have not been able to figure out (and I've tried) how to delete records from my library altogether.
I'm afraid now to download second performances of operas I have because I don't want these mashups to happen.

Could someone help a newbie please?

Thanks
Daniel Boyarin

phred

• Global Moderator
I have merged all the threads into one. Please don't double-post. If you feel you're not getting an answer in a reasonable amount of time (3+ days) then 'bump' the thread. Don't post it again as a new thread. When you post similar threads in a number of places it becomes a disjointed thread with answers all over the place.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here