Author Topic: Managing songs downloaded with Google Play Music Manager  (Read 483 times)

JAndrews

Once I have downloaded all my purchased and uploaded Google Play songs using Google Play Music Manager, I am planning to delete my Google Play library and use MusicBee to manage my songs locally stored on my PC (and backed up on OneDrive).

Just wanted to check that once I have downloaded songs with Google Play Music Manager, I will be able to keep them forever? I did pay for them all (it's not a subscription).

Does anyone have experience of switching from Google Play to MusicBee?

I would really prefer to manage songs myself, so I'm hoping this will be the answer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think if you've bought the music from Google play, it's permanently attached to your account and not only can you keep the files, but you can download them again if needed. Similar to Amazon or iTunes.  You should be fine to delete the Google play software, just be sure it doesn't also remove the audio files. I don't think it would
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Yes, any files you buy from Google Play or got for free (when they used to give out free albums) are just regular MP3s.