Author Topic: don't download covers and lyrics for streaming radio  (Read 2450 times)

gaiastar

Hi

I like often listen internet radio , like radioparadise o soma radio and others

I use  MusicBee 3.3.7367 on windows 10 and 7

could be added an option to avoid to download covers and lyrics when i listen streaming radios/podcast  and other internet sreaming source?

just because have lots of covers from artist and other stuff that i don't like or i don't have on my computer

would be really a great feature

thanks
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

Steven

• Administrator
you should already be able to stop auto-download of artwork and lyrics in Preferences/ Tags(2)

gaiastar

you should already be able to stop auto-download of artwork and lyrics in Preferences/ Tags(2)
Hi Steven

I like to download artwork and lyrics for my albums ripped from cd into my pc

but no artwork and lyrics for radio streaming ,porcast and every streaming data

i have no settings to avoid or disable streaming , at least i can't find them
thanks

Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:58:18 PM by gaiastar

sveakul

+1 as a wishlist item for the ability to exclude streams from the choice to autodownload covers and lyrics as long as it can still be selected when desired.

@gaiastar: you can flush the downloaded lyrics as needed with the batch file from this post: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29365.msg163645#msg163645 .  For artwork use Tools/Advanced/Reset Artwork Cache.
Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:24:57 PM by sveakul

gaiastar

+1 as a wishlist item for the ability to exclude streams from the choice to autodownload covers and lyrics as long as it can still be selected when desired.

@gaiastar: you can flush the downloaded lyrics as needed with the batch file from this post: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29365.msg163645#msg163645 .  For artwork use Tools/Advanced/Reset Artwork Cache.
hi
nice script , i have a portable version on an external hard disk , i use at work
i have to change the destination
i will use and save as bat
thanks

Steven

• Administrator
Unticking those options doesnt stop artwork being downloaded for ripping or auto-tagging. They only apply to pictures downloaded when a track is playing

gaiastar

Unticking those options doesnt stop artwork being downloaded for ripping or auto-tagging. They only apply to pictures downloaded when a track is playing
hi Steven
i guess my english is really very bad
i like to rip or play my music on my hard disk and let musicbee download artworks and lyrics
but not for streaming internet music , just because musicbee download artworks and lyrics for songs (from streaming radio ) that i will never listen again
thanks

sveakul

I don't mean to intrude, but what she is saying is that she wants to keep the option to auto-download lyrics and artwork for her normal music files checked, yet not have that also be downloading lyrics/art for radio streams when she is listening to those.  If I'm wrong, gaiastar please correct me.

gaiastar

I don't mean to intrude, but what she is saying is that she wants to keep the option to auto-download lyrics and artwork for her normal music files checked, yet not have that also be downloading lyrics/art for radio streams when she is listening to those.  If I'm wrong, gaiastar please correct me.
hi
yes , it's right :)
thanks Sveakul