Author Topic: I'm Gonna CRY!!!!  (Read 621 times)

NBates

Hi all - another newby question.

OK.  So I haven't got a full understanding of all the ifs & buts of the system.

Just finalising setting up all my songs onto MB, I spent all day ripping songs that were missing direct from the CDs I own.

But now some have come up as missing again.  I was able to go in and locate each separately for SOME of them, but now others are missing from my music folder altogether.  I know I ripped some of them today and they were ok initially.

1.  Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong with ripping.

2.  Is there a way to locate missing files without having to go into each one individually to let musicbee know where they are in my music folder?

Thanks for you patience  :'(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you ripping with MusicBee or another program? My first thought is that iTunes or WMP has gotten hold of your files and "helpfully" organized them for you. (I had to use a ridiculous hack to be able to run iTunes without it mucking around in my music folder.) Where were they ripped to, and where did they end up?

Since these are brand new files, your best bet is probably to just use the Scan Folders for New Files command to scan them in again, and remove the dead links. It would be a good idea to figure out why it happened so that you can prevent it in the future, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

NBates

I'll try that thanks.

It wasn't itunes because I'd deleted it prior to ripping the CDs.

They are set to rip to MB as I'm doing it on MB & some of the album songs are fine.

Driving me crazy!

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee doesnt randomly decide to move some files, so its probably something external to MusicBee.
Are you ripping to the Inbox or Library as set in the CD Ripping preferences?
and what is the folder/ file naming template you have configured in the CD ripping preferences?
Do you have auto-organise or auto-sweep enabled in the Library preferences?
For the files you found, where we they located - is there a pattern the folder and filename?
You should be able to figure out what is going on by doing a bit of this type of analysis
Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:41:48 PM by Steven