Author Topic: One or more of the selected files already exists in the target folder.......  (Read 527 times)

Deuce78

Hi,
Everytime I try to add Albums to MB that have the same song title I get this message; One or more of the selected files already exists in the target folder - do you want to overwrite them? I want to add the song, I don't want to overwrite them & when I click NO - nothing gets added.
eg; I would like to add Iron Maidens discography which would have the same track titles on different albums. MB isn't allowing me to do this without taking out duplicates.
I would like to add everything I put into MB & have it all displayed in the Artist panel.
What setting do I need to change to allow for this?

frankz

If two files have the same file name, one will naturally overwrite the other when both are added to the same folder in sucession.

To avoid this, you need to set your organization settings to name them something different. The easiest way is to have albums in their own individual folders like <Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title>.mp3 or whatever your preference is.