Author Topic: Set "Skip Silence" for Start Time and End Time on Multiple Files  (Read 3012 times)

frankz

It would be nice to select an entire album, right click, edit->settings and set "Skip Silence" at either the beginning, end or both rather than having to go into each individual file and do it.

I know I can globally skip silence, but that has had mixed performance for me in the past and I'd rather be able to set it on an album by album basis rather than removing what MB thinks is silence from the beginning and end of everything. Also, the start and stop times set here carry over when converting FLAC-MP3 on the fly for my phone and I like that.

Thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
how would that work for the end time which will vary as each track would normally have a different length?

frankz

Hi thanks for asking.

I envisioned it working similar to volume analysis or "Auto-Tag by track->Update Missing Lyrics," where tracks are read/analyzed and updated in succession.  

It would be like hitting the "Skip Silence" button next to "Start Time" or "End Time" or both and then right arrow while going through a list of tracks, which is what I do now, but automatic. 

Of course, the ability to type in a time wouldn't be there.  Just the "Skip Silence" buttons for each option or (probably more logical) check box options that read "Skip Beginning Silence" and "Skip Ending Silence"
Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:51:50 PM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.4 update, when multiple files are selected, the Skip Silence buttons are now displayed and clicking a button will apply the calculated value to all files then saved

frankz

This works great and I've been using it extensively since updating to the 3.4 beta.  Thanks again.

One minor thing...after you click "Skip Silence" the windows "Blue Circle" keeps spinning as if MB is doing something until you move your pointer away from the button.  Once you do, it goes away.

Great stuff though.  Saves me from massacring my flac rips to get rid of the 2 second gaps.

Zak

• Global Moderator
As a follow up question, would you get a different result by analysing tracks this way than just checking Remove silence at start and end of each track in the Player references?
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
it uses the same function to make the starting and ending silence determination

-L0Lock-

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
They should be in the Settings tab of the Tag Editor (right click, edit or Shift + Enter)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

-L0Lock-