Poll

Do you prefer MusicBee's default icon, or an icon matching your current skin?

I prefer MusicBee's default icon always.
10 (55.6%)
Only for some more outspoken skins (very specifically themed or coloured)  I would like and use  a matching icon.
4 (22.2%)
A matching MusicBee icon for every skin I use would be nice.
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Do you prefer MusicBee's default icon, or an icon matching your current skin?  (Read 8730 times)

hiccup

For skins, it is possible to include (or direct to, I'm not clear on this at the moment) a specific MusicBee icon.

(To be perfectly frank, at this very moment I am not even sure where this icon would show up exactly.
preferences > General configuration panel? MusicBee's caption bar? Windows taskbar?
Perhaps even in Windows file explorer?
I have no clue right now, but I should be able to figure that out by putting some effort into it.)

Today I realised that I perhaps should consider to create some MusicBee icons that match my skins.
But, before I do that...

I am curious if 'the average MusicBee user' even wants to have a skin changing his familiar and trusted MusicBee icon?

Until now I myself have always been quite comfortable with the default MusicBee icon always being, well, MusicBee's icon.

So before I put any effort in this at all, I am curious about other user's thoughts on this?

And... feel free to add a comment after you voted.
That will help keeping this thread alive for a while when looking at 'most recent posts'.
Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:27:09 PM by hiccup

diego

They show on all the places that you mentioned.

I prefer to use my own icon (just a music note):

I include some icons on my skins but you have to pick the icon manually, probably should have added the icon to the skin file but is too late for that now.
These icons have a different 16x16 image to show in the caption bar:

And the jump list:

hiccup

They show on all the places that you mentioned.

Thanks Diego.
I think I am not going to bother with creating dedicated icons for my skins.
There doesn't seem to be that much interest, and it's not that easy to create icons that work well for all different sizes and situations.

Well, perhaps I'll do it for one skin; I often have two MusicBee's open at the same time, and a differentiating icon in the taskbar could be handy for that.

Hanna

• iTunes Refugee
It's a BRAND, isn't it?   Sure, some stylised output of a Design bureau or wizard might be more esthetic, but I respect the original choice of whoever wrote the software and clearly liked the symbolism of bees.

boroda

actually i always use not default (custom) icon, which is pleasant for me with ANY skin. but there is no such choice in the poll.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've used the gold badass bee icon for ages, partly because I like the aesthetic, and also so that I can visually tell the difference between my main installation and additional installations in the start menu and taskbar.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)