Author Topic: Album art not always updating to match what's in the tracks  (Read 2080 times)

iguy

Hi.. Great tool, thanks for building this.

I've been sorting through about 10k songs I have and as I've been doing this I have run into a rather uncommon event as I've been updating the artwork.   What happens is after I add the artwork to the file and save it to "Cover.jpg" in the album directory, it won't update the album artwork.   The individual tracks have the artwork.  

What has worked in a workaround sometimes is if I change the album artist for the entire set of tracks to something different, then it will show the album artwork.   The artwork is whatever is pulled down typically from the Internet Search and Copy Picture.  

Example:

Elemental by Tears for Fears

Properly setup with Album artwork as "Cover" artwork in the Artwork section. All the tracks are setup the same for artwork, artist and album artist.  

I change the album artist to "Tears for Fears 2" and instantly the artwork shows up for the Album section.  

If I change it back to "Tears for Fears" it disappears.

Steven

• Administrator
I am not clear how you are adding the artwork. If you put the cover.jpg file into the directory yourself outside of MB then you need to right click/ send to/ rescan file

iguy

I'm adding it directly by doing the following:

1) Starting one song on the album (one track)
2) Wait a second and the track information searches and generally finds a picture of the album
3) Right click on the picture that comes up under Track Information and selecting Copy
4) selecting all the tracks
5) going to the Edit and selecting the Artwork Tab.   Then I paste the artwork into that tab.
6) Then I hit the save button.

This is generally done either before or after updating the tags "Album Artist" field and maybe the track # information. 

Now I stopped and restarted Music Bee and the couple of albums whose cover art wasn't working, now are coming up correct.

Another scenario I've run into is that the image I copy/paste into the artwork field, doesn't always work.  It shows up fine to start, then I hit save and nothing shows up as updating.  So the Artwork Tab doesn't have the image, nor does the album after the save.   If I take that same image, post it into Snagit Editor and then save it out to a jpg again, now it works.   

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce some inconsistent behavior when copy/pasting from auto-retrieved artwork. I am not clear why that's the case but if this is the same issue you are having this should fix the issue:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

iguy

Thanks.  That seems to have made it better.  I still run into on rare occasion that the image isn't valid for sticking into the system.  The source image won't paste into the artwork.   

When I can reproduce it better I'll send it on with a new bug report.   

When will these fixes come in a new release?   

phred

• Global Moderator
Once you apply the patch, you're using the latest release. The next release for 3.3 is likely to be the final release. There is no timetable.

If you want to stay with the latest release, every time Steven releases a 3.3 patch, you should update.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

iguy

Once you apply the patch, you're using the latest release. The next release for 3.3 is likely to be the final release. There is no timetable.

If you want to stay with the latest release, every time Steven releases a 3.3 patch, you should update.

Gotcha.. so then 3.4 will come out?  or 4.x type of release?   

phred

• Global Moderator
Gotcha.. so then 3.4 will come out?  or 4.x type of release?
3.4 is currently in alpha with no timetable for a beta release. 4.x isn't even being mentioned yet.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here