Author Topic: [resolved] Giving names for the diferent disks of an album  (Read 2316 times)

corion

hello,
I've got many albums, composed of several disks ;
most of them are just numbered, but some of others are named ;
I would like to display those names, without spliting into several albums ;
example :
Fields of the Nephilim : album  "ceremonies", 2 disks : "AdMortem" and "Ad Vitam"
in the album display, each disk should be separated by the name of the disk ;
to do that, the disk number in the tags should be a string, instead of an integer, and in this case, display the string

not sure I'm very clear, not easy for me to translate from french ...
Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:22:55 PM by corion

smann

Edit Preferences > Tags (1) > Under "Custom Tags" section, put in "Set Subtitle" or "Disc Subtitle" or whatever you want to call it under "display name" and then under "save to music file as tag" set that as "Set Subtitle" in the dropdown.

Edit Preferences > Layout (1) > Select "Customize Layout" under "Main Panel" > Set "Track Sub-grouping" to "Set Subtitle".

Then you can put the disc title in that tag on Tags (2) while editing the tags for each song and it will show the disc title for each disc.

You can also reference this forum page for doing more with the subtitle grouping tags: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11990.0
Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:15:12 PM by smann

corion

thanks a lot !!
I had some dificulties to find the good fields (translated in french in my case), and where to apply the sub-grouping, but now it's ok ;

Music Bee is very powerfull !!!
and you're very smart, Smann !