Author Topic: Soundcard error message  (Read 4407 times)

aerialobserver

I'm receiving a new error message: "Unable to initialize the music player: No Soundcard Detected: (error=BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN). Audio works normally in every other context including Windows Media Player. Downloaded the latest version of Music Bee, but no change. The only thing that may account for it is a recent update taking place on the PC. I assume that some change to Windows 10 may have caused the problem, but I have no clue how to fix it. Everything appears as normal in Music Bee, but when I click on a song title, I get the error message. Just learned my way around Music Bee and hate to start over with another program, but have no idea how to fix this problem. Help?

sveakul

What is shown in Prefs/player/sound device?

aerialobserver

I'm not sure how to find the preferences you're referring to, but under device manager there are two controllers shown: NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. Does that answer the question?

phred

• Global Moderator
Does that answer the question?

Please read his question again. He shows you where to find it. This is from within MB.
What is shown in Prefs/player/sound device?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

aerialobserver

Ok, thanks for the clarification as to where to find Prefs/player/sound device. It says "primary sound driver." When I click on the down arrow to see what other choices are available, I see "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)." When I clicked on that and tried to apply the change, however, I get the same error message that Music Bee won't initialize. I'm unaware of anything other than a software upgrade, probably from Windows 10, that could have caused MB to suddenly stop working. What next?

Steven

• Administrator
Windows updates can update audio drivers with the generic windows version, so try installing the latest audio driver from the output device manufacturer