Author Topic: Typing for go-to in main panel changed?  (Read 2554 times)

Pingaware

Been a while since I've been on the forum or been updating MB regularly, so I may have missed something. However, just updated from a version dated 07/11/2020 (apologies Steven, don't know what the version number was) to the latest update 3.4.7680 P.

Now, typing in the main panel for go-to function appears to have changed. My main panel is habitually set to Album + Tracks with a longstanding custom filter. However, when sorting by Album under this view (so default sorting, by album artist then album name), I can no longer type to go to. I.e., old functionality would be if I typed "Eric" whilst focused on the main panel, I'd go to the first album artist starting with Eric. Now however, I get a popup saying "The main panel needs to be sorted to jump to a file". The function seems preserved when I do sort by any other field.

Additionally, typing for go-to on fields defined as numbers seems to be broken for numbers below 99? Not sure if this one is new behaviour or not, but I feel like it is.

Apologies for not posting in Bug Reports if this is deemed to be a bug by Steven, I really wasn't sure.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator
Welcome back, Pingaware...

Using 3.4.7680 P.
I don't use Albums & Tracks view all that often, but I do confirm 'type ahead' doesn't work there. I tested in Album Art view and Track Details view and it works as expected. I really can't recall if Steven removed it or something is broken.

I'll leave this here in Questions for the time being, but may move it to bugs depending on what other users have to say about this.
Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:23:56 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Can you send me a link to your settings file as its working fine for me and i can't think of anything that has changed with this

Pingaware

PMed to you Steven. Thanks in advance.

phred

• Global Moderator
Can you send me a link to your settings file as its working fine for me and i can't think of anything that has changed with this
Since you have Pingaware's let me know if you'd like mine also.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
There is no sort order specified in the main panel. Right click on the column header/ sort by and once the sort order is set it should work.
I will check whether older versions defaulted to assuming album order for to go-to function in this circumstance but I dont recall changing it

phred

• Global Moderator
There is no sort order specified in the main panel. Right click on the column header/ sort by and once the sort order is set it should work.
That took care of it for me. Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

Yes, that worked for me too. I think it must have changed as I have 3.4.7515 P from July knocking about as a backup, and if I sort just in the column headers by album, no Sort is applied in the Sort by menu, but typing to go-to works as planned. Maybe if you sort by Album in the column headers in Album tracks it can automatically set the Sort as "Album Artist/Album"? That would replicate the old behaviour without requiring it to assume by default?

Pingaware

On 3.4.7682 P, old behaviour seems to have been reverted to. Thank you very much Steven if so!