Author Topic: Adding playlist from folders in explorer  (Read 1469 times)

Elf_fantasy

Hello all!

I am currently working on a PC for my parents.
They are moving from Mac to Windows.

Since they have acquired quite a few songs over their times, and they don't like streaming,they would like to keep all of it.
They are not able to do this by themselves so I'm doing it for them.

However, I have been painstakingly moving all their playlist from Itunes into maps, and adding the music.
Its nice and organised and back in my day that is how we made playlists/folders. (I'm not _that_ old, its just that I haven't used a media player in a while).
I would now like to add all these folders as playlists to Musicbee.
However I have a few problems:

1. I cannot select an option to just convert them to playlists (this would be ideal, but I don't think this exists)
2. I cannot drop the songs into the playlists by hand (get an error/no entry sign on the mouse) ( I have copied all the folders into the MusicBee playlist folder, since I REALLY don't want to type it all out again.)
3. I cannot search for most of the songs.
  3.1 This would take a stubid ammount of time
  3.2 I got about 3k songs that don't even have a name if I import the music via the library.

Please tell me there is something I'm missing.

Thanks from a desperate son.

sveakul

The external tagging apps Mp3tag and Kid3 will allow you to create a playlist quickly from a folder of files.  I use a freeware app called Playlist Creator 3.6.2 for this which is very simple and allows sorting and editing of the list as well.  That one is no longer available directly (author's website has disappeared) but if you want to try it I uploaded a copy here:  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=46003507798486469745

File name is PlaylistCreator3.zip and the SHA-2 hash should be 661202A3E830D74BD09E8FE99E0995332913DF00A4BD9BA72F5B62681FD94F6B .  It's a portable app so just unzip into a folder and run.  Puts no files outside of its own folder and creates one registry key group, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\oddgravity .
Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:50:44 PM by sveakul