Author Topic: Updated track ratings not being synced  (Read 2850 times)

jtpavlock

I have my music files converted from flac to mp3 when syncing to my phone. The initial sync of the new music file to my phone works fine and the track rating is accurate in the mp3 version on my phone.

However, if I change the track rating through musicbee, it doesn't seem to update the track rating to the corresponding mp3 file on my phone. Is there a way to accomplish this?

phred

• Global Moderator
Version number (Help > About) and install type (Store, Portable, Installer) of MB, and how are you syncing (wired or wifi)?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jtpavlock

Version number (Help > About) and install type (Store, Portable, Installer) of MB, and how are you syncing (wired or wifi)?

Version 3.3.7231 from the installer. Syncing wired.

phred

• Global Moderator
It's quite possible, but I can't say for certain, that this may have been fixed. The version you're running is from last October and there have been many many patch fixes since then. The current version is at -least- 3.3.7482. I suggest getting the latest patch and see if that makes a difference. See my sig for link and instructions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jtpavlock

It's quite possible, but I can't say for certain, that this may have been fixed. The version you're running is from last October and there have been many many patch fixes since then. The current version is at -least- 3.3.7482. I suggest getting the latest patch and see if that makes a difference. See my sig for link and instructions.

That did the trick. It seems to only work if you restart musicbee before syncing, but it does work. Thanks for the help.

Steven

• Administrator
how do you know that the ratings arent being sent by MB?
Are they stored in the file in the first place eg. check the Tags(1) preferences that ratings are stored.
Did you try copying the file back to a location on your hard drive and checking with a tool such as mp3Tag or musicbee tag inspector that the rating wasnt in the file.
It might also be your android player thats not picking up the change

jtpavlock

how do you know that the ratings arent being sent by MB?
Are they stored in the file in the first place eg. check the Tags(1) preferences that ratings are stored.
Did you try copying the file back to a location on your hard drive and checking with a tool such as mp3Tag or musicbee tag inspector that the rating wasnt in the file.
It might also be your android player thats not picking up the change

It was just an issue with my musicbee being out of date. It's fixed now.