Author Topic: Parenthesis in Titles  (Read 4965 times)

frankz

Before I drive myself bonkers trying to figure it out, I figured I'd ask whether there's any reason why the LyricsReloaded plugin would receive song titles minus any parentheticals that appear in them.

For example, I play a song I have titled "Are You Ready for the Fallout? (Album Version)" but as it's read in by the plug-in it's just "Are You Ready for the Fallout?"  Same thing with "(Girl We Got A) Good Thing" being read in as just "Good Thing."

I thought it might be because I was using a dirt-old version of MusicBeeInterface.cs, but I updated that and it's still going on.

I think that other plugins read the full title just fine, so I suspect it's something the plug-in is doing intentionally and that I just can't find where it's doing it, but I wanted to make sure it's not some obscure bug before I made myself nuts trying to figure it out.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
I recall MB does some cleansing of the track title ie. removing "(...)" and "[...]" but i will confirm later

frankz

Just to be clear, if it is that way for a reason, I'm not asking that it be changed.  I can see it being useful for things like "Are You Ready for the Fallout? (Album Version)" where the parenthetical is my own disambiguation, but it does cause problems in things like "(Girl We Got A) Good Thing" where the phrase is part of the actual title.

Unfortunately there's no real way to know the difference between a personal note and a title part.  I don't feel strongly that it should be one way or the other, I was mainly just seeing if I needed to do something about it on the plug-in's end.

Steven

• Administrator
There is code to remove the (...) and [...]
I dont think i will remove that as I think there will be more cases it helps rather than hinders

frankz

Thanks for looking into this.  Makes sense.

GoodMorning

Would it be possible to add an option to toggle how MusicBee handles parentheticals in track titles? I personally almost never keep tags like (Album Version) or (Live) in my track titles, so for me the preferable behaviour would be to retain all text inside parentheses.