Author Topic: Lost Play Count on Playlists Only  (Read 1077 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Think of MB's "library" as the database of music files.

It sounds like you've never put the playlist tracks in your library. But if that's the case, how are you stating the files there have play counts? Especially since you've said you can't find the tracks in the library.

Either there's a communication/language problem here, or you're doing something so off-base that no one can figure it out.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jesse.janssen32

That is why I came to this board.  I'm relying on the expertise of this group.  I've used MB the same way for years and years and it's my favorite MP3 player/tool.  Everything worked perfectly for years and years.  I didn't do anything differently over the past week.  Suddenly, the play count function of the tool seemed to reset on me.

To put music in my playlist, I would drag and drop the music from a folder in Windows into MusicBee (with the new playlist screen open in MB).  Then, MusicBee would then populate that information into a playlist.  I never thought twice about it because it was working exactly how I expected.  I would then only listen to this music from the specific playlist I created.

I guess I'll just move on.  It appears I'm out of luck with trying to get to the root cause.  I appreciate you trying to help me in this tread.   :)

The Incredible Boom Boom

jesse.janssen32

I did not.  I never even knew that was a feature to be honest.