Author Topic: MusicBee Stops Playing When Stopping Another Sound Source.  (Read 1033 times)

blitstikler

Hi all,

I recently bought an Ifi Hi-Res Zen Blue device to play my audio files through my stereo.  I set up my audio settings on Windows 10 to only play the MusicBee app through the device, and my other audio output plays in my headphones.  When I play streaming audio through my headphones via Chrome such as YouTube, Bandcamp, or gifs with sound, it works correctly, but when I hit stop, pause, or close out of the page playing the audio in Chrome the audio from MusicBee stops.  Much of the time the track is still moving forward without sound.  To get MusicBee to play again I have to pause the track, move the slider back a few seconds and hit play.  Does anyone know why this happens? 

phred

• Global Moderator
Take a look at your player preferences and make sure you're not using WASAPI (Exclusive.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

blitstikler

My preferences list WASAPI (Shared).  Is there another setting that would stop this from happening (DirectSound, ASIO, etc.)?

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
Just guessing but if you are using the media control plugin, try disabling it.
Also try selecting a specific output sound device rather than 'Primary Sound Driver' in the player preferences

blitstikler

I did change my output to a specific device.  I notice now that if I have shared output, like if both MusicBee and Chrome are using the same output (like headphones for example), if I stop playing whatever is on Chrome (YouTube, Bandcamp, etc.) it auto-starts MusicBee.

Does this have something to do with it lining up to play next?

blitstikler

Bumping this as I still have the same problem.

Whenever I play music through youtube, soundcloud, bandcamp, etc., when that player stops Musicbee will automatically start whatever track is open in the panel.

Eve

I'm having the same issue. Wasn't happening until I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the an update today. i've tried every suggestion I could in the forum, but nothing has worked. I really like MB and don't want to switch to another player, but it's unusable like this.

blitstikler

I don't necessarily find it unusable but just really really annoying LOL.  I still think this is the better of the music programs out there.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue, but if anyone is playing audio from their computer with multiple sources, using WASAPI (Exclusive) would bypass the problem.