Author Topic: Sort multi value tag alphabetically  (Read 698 times)

Tybot

I have a custom tag named "TrackInfo" where I put track-specific info such as whether or not it's a live version, remix, demo and so on. Most of the files that has this tag populated only has one value, but some (read: more than I feel like editing manually) have multiple.

Example track with tag formatted like this: [take 40]; [alternate vocal]; [5.1 mix]

Question is, is there any way I could sort the tag of those track alphabetically as a batch, using the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin or something similar? Looking for this result to be unnecessarily clear:

[5.1 mix]; [alternate vocal]; [take 40]

The Incredible Boom Boom

If you're displaying the tag in the Main Panel or Track Information, you can use the $Sort function.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
$Sort won't help for organizing values within one file. There's a way to reorder multi value tags in the tag inspector, but it has to be done manually so I'm not sure. You could post in the Additional Tagging & Reporting tools thread to see if someone knows a way to handle it. I don't off the top of my head.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Tybot

Thanks for the input guys. I'll repost my request in the plugin thread, see if anyone has any ideas.