Author Topic: Mark Artists as "Inactive" or "Dead"  (Read 980 times)

Markus2310

Hey :)

Is there a way to mark Artists as "Not Active" or "Dead"? My first Idea was to put a "(NA)" for not active and a (†) for Artists who Dead. But maybe there is another way? Maybe to use a not used Tagfield (Like (at me) "Original Year" or "BPM" and put there "(NA)" or "(†)" and then tell musicbee to show it after Artists Name if, for example, "BPM has †" ?

Or maybe someone here has a better idea? :)

frankz

Hey :)

Is there a way to mark Artists as "Not Active" or "Dead"? My first Idea was to put a "(NA)" for not active and a (†) for Artists who Dead. But maybe there is another way? Maybe to use a not used Tagfield (Like (at me) "Original Year" or "BPM" and put there "(NA)" or "(†)" and then tell musicbee to show it after Artists Name if, for example, "BPM has †" ?

Or maybe someone here has a better idea? :)
BPM = 0  ;D  ;D  ;D

Seriously, though, you can't really tag an artist with metadata. You'd have to tag each track somehow.  I'm sure there are tags you don't use like occasion or language or something or you could make a custom tag.

It still wouldn't show up in your artist list, though.

Markus2310

Thats bad. So The Only Way is to put it in the artist field like "Johnny Hallyday †"

frankz

Someone more proficient might be able to come up with a virtual tag that you would display or navigate in place of Artist, but that still wouldn't get you around the fact that you can't tag artists with metadata so you'd have to tag each track on which the artist appears with some denotation of his or her status.

The most straightforward way is to put it in the artist name, but that would have other effects like screwing up scrobbling results and probably other unintended consequences I'm sure I'm not thinking of.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, frankz is right. Since the metadata is all track-level, you have to tag every track for an artist or it won't really work. Tagging the artist location runs afoul of this, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)