Author Topic: Importing C D s onto Music Bee  (Read 3050 times)

2deebees

Hi,
I am seeking guidance please.
I am new to Music Bee, and when I installed the software, I had iTunes, it, I presume, imported the music already on my P C into it. What I would like to know is how do I now import the music I have on my C D collection in to the program?

If anybody can help, I would really appreciate the instructions in simple terms, ie: words of one syllable please, as I am a technophobe, and have to do things really slowly.

I did attempt to import one C D, and that's where I came across the fact that it just didn't import it like iTunes did, and when I Googled it, it said that I needed to import it into  a folder, but I had no idea how or where to create this folder!

So any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2deebees.   

frankz

Welcome to the forum and to MusicBee.

FYI, MB is not really a program for "technophobes" if you really are one and not just saying that as a form of self-deprecation. It is a powerful library manager with a lot of customization and functionality and tons of options and settings. It is not iTunes.  You have to tinker if you are particular about the way you want it to work.

If you are not truly scared of or uncomfortable with technology and are willing to tinker a little bit, we can help you when you get stuck.

All of the programs core functions are laid out at the program's Wiki Help page.  Ripping a CD into your MusicBee library is explained in the most concise and straightforward manner possible there.  Here's the page for ripping CDs:

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Ripping
Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:34:02 PM by frankz

2deebees

Hi frankz,

Thanks very much for your help.

I have found the instructions on the Wiki Help page, and at present importing a C D into the program, I have already imported one C D, so it looks as if my problem is sorted.

Once again, thanks very much.

2deebees