Author Topic: Playback Gets Interrupted At Times  (Read 992 times)

Dryst

Under Windows 10, I find that MusicBee playback often gets interrupted and breaks up under some scenarios.  This frequently happens when I execute another installation.  There is no high disk activity, and my workstation has plenty of CPU cores and memory to handle all processing loads.  I am puzzled why an installation could interrupt audio playback.

I can find exact installers that reproduce this issue, if needed.  It seems to happen with many, if not all.

I am currently running version 3.3.7411.

phred

• Global Moderator
This frequently happens when I execute another installation.
Clarification needed, please. You're using MB and you launch another installation of -what-? MB? another application?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dryst

I run MusicBee all day and use my computer while it is running.

I launch a setup program of something I downloaded, and playback breaks up shortly after launching it.  Right after this initial playback break-up, the install functions and playback then continues.

I am questioning this, because the entire file being played back is 100% in memory.  I have 16 cores providing 32 independent execution threads.

The playback break-up does not make sense to me.

Dryst

I just installed an update to Visual Studio Enterprise minutes ago while MusicBee was playing as it usually does.  During the installation of the update, playback of music was briefly interrupted during the start of the installation.  This is one example that just happened, but it also happens with other installs.  My media content is stored on my NAS, but the particular file is 100% loaded into memory as previously stated.

Perhaps it applies to installation of some/all .net applications?

vincent kars

Sounds like a system with a high DPC latency.
Run a DPC checker like https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Maybe you find the driver hogging the system.

Dryst

Thanks for the thought.

Here is the report from this tool: