Author Topic: on the fly changes  (Read 643 times)

Dpmusicbee

Hi all,

when i add info to some of my categories that info will not show up after it's enter into a special category. does mb do on the fly changes if not how can i get this to happen so i can select i he next time i need it. i done a shutdown/restart and it still won't show up. if mb is used the next day the info is there for the most part. any thoughts?

Thank You

Dbee

hiccup

I am not sure what your workflow is. If you are using something like the tag editor the changes should be applied to your library immediately.

In case you are making changes in some external or indirect manner, you could try the rescan function.
(and perhaps create a shortcut for: File > Rescan selected files)

phred

• Global Moderator
The only time MB doesn't save tag changes immediately is when the tag belongs to a track that is currently playing. But as soon as that track stops playing, the tag is saved.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

The only time MB doesn't save tag changes immediately is when the tag belongs to a track that is currently playing. But as soon as that track stops playing, the tag is saved.

Ah yes, that's a good correction to my 'immediately' choice of words.
But the OP stated he restarted MB and that didn't solve it, so probably something else is going on here.

phred

• Global Moderator
And at this point we don't know if he's editing tags outside of MB or if he has performed a file rescan.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dpmusicbee

all i'm editing tag tracks within mb the info within some custom fields ex release date are not updating with new info within that field while i'm still editing tracks with the same date but different tracks.