Author Topic: Artist Photo Option in Track Information Panel  (Read 2528 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Not a huge deal, but when clicking on an artist (mine are grouped by <Sort Artist>) in the Artists view, the Track Information panel displays an album cover if there is only one album listed or "No Cover Art" if there are multiple albums. It'd be pretty neat to display the artist's saved thumbnail photo instead.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Just adding visual reference, (when "Selected Tracks" is enabled under Track Information) this is what the selection looks like when there's only one album.

And this is what it looks like when the selected <Sort Artist> contains multiple albums. It would be redundant, but the artist's photo or even a blank space might be more aesthetic than "No cover art." Or maybe the text could be made editable in the settings file and the background color made available as a skin element?

[MOD: Edited to reduce image size. Click for full size.]
Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:52:21 AM by psychoadept

DeBosquez

Just adding visual reference, (when "Selected Tracks" is enabled under Track Information) this is what the selection looks like when there's only one album.

And this is what it looks like when the selected <Sort Artist> contains multiple albums. It would be redundant, but the artist's photo or even a blank space might be more aesthetic than "No cover art." Or maybe the text could be made editable in the settings file and the background color made available as a skin element?

How do you make your Artist picture that big?  :D
Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:54:12 AM by psychoadept

The Incredible Boom Boom

How do you make your Artist picture that big?  :D

It's an unintentional layout that can be made using the Artists view. If I recall correctly, check "show the tracks for the selected album: to the right of the main panel" and then resize the artist panel by dragging it to the left. Because Steven didn't intend for the view to be shown this way, it can be a bit glitchy at times. For example, sometimes the "Displayed Fields" for sorting reset and "Keep Columns Sized to Panel" becomes disabled if I add a tab, use CTRL + F or use the "Search -> Find Album..." feature. It used to revert back to sometimes also revert back to display the full screen of artist photos, but that hasn't happened for a while, so I suspect this must have been inadvertently fixed by something else Steven did.
Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:59:48 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

DeBosquez

can you share a screenshot of show the tracks for the selected album: to the right of the main panel?  I cant find it ..im new to musicbee its my 2nd day using it

Sorry if im bothering

The Incredible Boom Boom

CTRL + P -> Layout (1) -> main panel - Customise Layout

You should read The Anatomy of MusicBee, Main Panel Views, and Layout Preferences, for explanation of what changing these configurations will do.

Batphones

• I Smell Like Teen Spirit
CTRL + P -> Layout (1) -> main panel - Customise Layout

You should read The Anatomy of MusicBee, Main Panel Views, and Layout Preferences, for explanation of what changing these configurations will do.

I looked at you links and on the "Layout Preferences" it says

Right clicking in a column header will give you a small menu of options:

Reset Size

Returns columns to equal size. Does NOT resize them relative to the main panel.

Does that mean that you can't resize artist photos?

sveakul

.. but the artist's photo or even a blank space might be more aesthetic than "No cover art."

You can replace the stock "No cover art" with a blank space or an image of your choice by following the procedure here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22889.0 .

Unfortunately, the replacement used will be singular/fixed for all cases where "No cover art" would apply.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Right clicking in a column header will give you a small menu of options:

Reset Size

Returns columns to equal size. Does NOT resize them relative to the main panel.

Does that mean that you can't resize artist photos?

That refers specifically to the column browser. It has nothing to do with artist photos. In the view shown here, there's a slider in the menu where it says Artists that will let you resize the artist photos. (It looks like that header is hidden in these screenshots.)
Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:59:05 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

.. but the artist's photo or even a blank space might be more aesthetic than "No cover art."

You can replace the stock "No cover art" with a blank space or an image of your choice by following the procedure here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22889.0 .

Unfortunately, the replacement used will be singular/fixed for all cases where "No cover art" would apply.

Well, whaddya know. I'll try this out, thanks!

sveakul

No problem!  The Base64 image I use in this case is MUCH easier on the eyes, haha..