Author Topic: New approach.  (Read 6408 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Excellent comment falso63. The point being there are choices. If one doesn't like something, try something else.
Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:14:18 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
And with a bit of playing around with options and a skin, it's pretty easy to get something similar to those mock-ups.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

fred

Further to Bee-liever's comment it is relatively simple to add another "modern" touch to MusicBee. I read an article (sorry can't remember where) which said that app developers start with a mobile phone app and if it works on a small device they can easily scale up. One feature of mobile apps is that it's "tap & go" our equivalent is click & go). An easy implementation on MusicBee for, say, Windows buttons Minimize, Maximize/Resize and Close is to make the highlight image the same as the "normal" icon (change MaximizeHightlight.png to Maximize.png). The same works for icons on Flat player.

However this might not appeal to the "traditionalists" so I would suggest a setting in <settings> something like:

<element id ="WindowsModernStyle">true/false </element>

the effect of which if true is to load only the base images (are there disabled images?) and ignore those with "Highlight" embedded

fred

Another possibility to modernize the Tab Bar - there are approximatel 13 pixels betewen the bottom of the text and the top of the main panel wiindow. If there was a setting something like "TabBarBottomBorder" = n pixels it would be possible to set  the border colour to the bg colour on inactive tabs and an accent colour on the active tab. Currently I set the inactive tabs font size 3-4 pts smaller than the font of the active tab so it really does stand out

fred

I forgot about the elephant in the room "TabsBar in Caption Bar" - i can't measure any appreciable gap to include an n pixel border. I assume this option was brought in when screen space was at a premium. Does anybody use this now? Is it time (in 3.4?) to deprecate this feature?

phred

• Global Moderator
Does anybody use this now?
Absolutely.

Is it time (in 3.4?) to deprecate this feature?
Absolutely not!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Wouldn't it be better to move this thread to the General Discussions board?
It's neither specific about skinning, nor is it specific enough to be in Questions.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
Another possibility to modernize the Tab Bar - there are approximatel 13 pixels betewen the bottom of the text and the top of the main panel wiindow. If there was a setting something like "TabBarBottomBorder" = n pixels it would be possible to set  the border colour to the bg colour on inactive tabs and an accent colour on the active tab. Currently I set the inactive tabs font size 3-4 pts smaller than the font of the active tab so it really does stand out
This is the sort of thing I am willing to engage on in terms of the original request - iterative changes that move things towards what the OP was asking for.
In terms of this request, could you do a screenshot of a simple mockup of this suggestion?