Author Topic: Shuffle Settings - Loved Tracks Preferred?  (Read 958 times)

TiTheFungi

Hello! I have about 400 out of 4000 songs in my library that I have set as 'Loved'. In preferences, I go to Now Playing, and under 'shuffle settings' I have it set to "Higher rated tracks preferred." However, it doesn't seem like it's recognizing the songs I 'love' as a higher rated track.

Is that the case? If not, would it be possible for 'Love' marked tracks to be considered a higher-rated track over a track that isn't marked as 'Love'? I may need to post this in the Wishlist forum if it is not designed in such a way.

I like Hearting tracks over rating because it's a little more binary/simple than having a 5-star rating system.

Thanks so much!
"It's not about winning or losing the game. It's about playing the game and being fun to play with."
-Jordan Peterson

Steven

• Administrator
I agree it should so I will put that in the next v3.4 update

Steven

• Administrator
Thats done for the next v3.4 update. It only applies when shuffling by track and treats loved tracks as maximum rated

TiTheFungi

Sounds perfect! Thanks so much. Any ETA on v3.4? Is there a sub-forum with that info?
"It's not about winning or losing the game. It's about playing the game and being fun to play with."
-Jordan Peterson

phred

• Global Moderator
Any ETA on v3.4? Is there a sub-forum with that info?
3.4 is still early alpha and no dates are being discussed. Nor is there a sub-forum at this time. Typically a new sub-forum will be created once 3.4 goes beta. Keep an eye out as Steven will occasionally throw up a link to the alpha.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here