Author Topic: Display album notes?  (Read 1058 times)

Spidrax

I have notes for a lot of my albums stored in a notes.txt file in the album directory. It contains information about the album that doesn't fit in song tags.

Is there a way to display these notes in a panel? Maybe a plugin that can display the contents of the text file?
What if I added the notes to the comment tag of the audio files, could I display that someplace?
Or maybe I could use a lyrics panel to show this information?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

phred

• Global Moderator
The lyrics panel can display anything in it and in a few places. But if you place your comments in the lyrics panel, what will you do if down the road you want to add lyrics? Using the comments tag is really the best place for comments. Thata's were I have mine and I display them as part of the Track Information panel.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Spidrax

Thanks for the reply. I'll try using the lyrics panel for now. I only listen to instrumental music, so I don't imagine I'll need it for lyrics any time soon :)

I agree that the comment tag is a great place for this info, but I would like to display it on its own, not as part of the Track Information panel.

Steven

• Administrator
In the panel arrangement dialog (Preferences/ Layout(1)/ Arrange Panels) you can show a 2nd track information panel and only display comments in that