Author Topic: # of album tracks goes up to 6 in first column, how can I change?  (Read 1518 times)

space-cadet

Hello,

as title explains, I have this problem.

It should be first 5 tracks on one side, and the next 5 on the other, no? So that it's equal

It is also weird for albums with odd number of tracks, because it won't even try to be symmetrical. it just goes to 6

Is there a setting I have to change to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

phred

• Global Moderator
What's the version number of MB (Help > About) that you're using. I seem to recall, although I may be wrong, that this was addressed recently. Mine is not behaving as yours. Neither for odd nor even number of tracks.

You might try narrowing the window to the point where the tracks are in one column, and then make it wide to the point where you have two columns. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth trying.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

space-cadet

What's the version number of MB (Help > About) that you're using. I seem to recall, although I may be wrong, that this was addressed recently. Mine is not behaving as yours. Neither for odd nor even number of tracks.

You might try narrowing the window to the point where the tracks are in one column, and then make it wide to the point where you have two columns. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth trying.

I am on version 3.3.7261
I tried narrowing the window and widening again and it did not change. Thank you for your reply though

To be clear, this is in the browse albums by their album cover format.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am on version 3.3.7261
That version is from last November. Try updating to the latest patch. See my sig.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

space-cadet

I am on version 3.3.7261
That version is from last November. Try updating to the latest patch. See my sig.

Thanks, I updated.
It fixes it for albums that I have tagged as being "disc 01", but not for the rest. I suppose I'll just have to tag them all that way then

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks, I updated.
It fixes it for albums that I have tagged as being "disc 01", but not for the rest. I suppose I'll just have to tag them all that way then
I don't quite understand. Did the patch version fix the columns to align more evenly?

You made no mention of "disc 01" before. What does that have to do with the columns being even? Perhaps a screenshot would be helpful here.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

space-cadet

Thanks, I updated.
I don't quite understand. Did the patch version fix the columns to align more evenly?

You made no mention of "disc 01" before. What does that have to do with the columns being even? Perhaps a screenshot would be helpful here.

The screenshots with the black background is my library browsing view, whereas the screenshots with the non-black backgrounds are after I select the album in album cover preview browsing mode (I have one tab for each)

I typically don't tag my albums as being disc 1 because it's kind of redundant and unnecessary if it's just one album, but I am too lazy to remove it from some albums as they already come with this tag. It seems as though it's these ones, however, that are even in the columns.

If I'm not making any sense don't worry about it, this is a pretty trivial complaint and it's really not destroying my musicbee experience at all

phred

• Global Moderator
I never fill in the disc x of x fields if the album only contains one disc. I only do it for multi-disc albums.

But I'm still a little confused by your use of the terms 'library browsing view' and 'album cover preview.'
Can you post a screenshot of the entire MB window? One for the black background and one for the others.

I -think- I know what you're referring to, but the screenshots should make it clearer for me. I -think- the black background is 'album' view and the other is the 'expanded' view -from- the album view. It's what opens up when you click on an album, correct?

I also suggest taking a look at the Wiki (see my sig) and search for Anatomy of MusicBee. It will help you get familiar with the layouts, panels, and names thereof.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki