Author Topic: Non 1:1 album art is stretched  (Read 1191 times)

late

When a user uses "Album covers" (or a custom view that is similar), has albums with art that is more tall than wide, and in the view configuration "overlay fields inside the artwork" is chosen, the art is stretched to match the 1:1 space MB gives for album art. Due to how the scaling works, the visual defect is only noticeable with art that is noticeably skewed with dimensions (think DVD art vs. CD art).

Albums that are more wide than tall are not affected. They are shown normally with some grey space above the art.

Windows 7, MB 3.3.7367

Steven

• Administrator

late

Should this be moved to feature requests. I think the scaling is visually unappealing as it stretches the image. I find it odd that short images (in height) are not scaled, but tall images are.

repawn

I'm also bothered by this. And a similar issue is when having "Auto-Pick Panel Colors" checked, the album art shown by the player controls also becomes stretched to 1:1. I want to use both "Auto-Pick Panel Colors" and "overlay fields inside the artwork" for my layout while keeping the original ratio of the art.

Steven

• Administrator
I have put in some handling for non-square artwork in the player controls panel and certain configurations of the artwork view in the main panel:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files