Author Topic: Using MusicBee with remote speaker (over wifi)  (Read 2206 times)

LeatherMcWhip

Hi all,

I'm reluctant to bring this up, because I think there's been frustrated discussions about it in the past, but ...

I'm hoping to play my MB music library (on my PC) through my Sony SRS-X7 portable speaker over wifi. I do lots of work outdoors, and it would be great to throw in a MB playlist and head outside with the speaker. I can't for the life of me figure out how. There used to be a remote speaker output plugin (I paid for "lifetime" access ... doh), but it doesn't work anymore.

Anybody have an idea??

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
There used to be a remote speaker output plugin (I paid for "lifetime" access ... doh), but it doesn't work anymore.

Anybody have an idea??
The only idea I have is if you paid for a MB plugin, you got ripped off. All the plugins have been developed by users and to the best of my memory, none of them charge a fee to purchase. Unless you mean you made a -donation- to the plugin developer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

LeatherMcWhip

There used to be a remote speaker output plugin (I paid for "lifetime" access ... doh), but it doesn't work anymore.

Anybody have an idea??
The only idea I have is if you paid for a MB plugin, you got ripped off. All the plugins have been developed by users and to the best of my memory, none of them charge a fee to purchase. Unless you mean you made a -donation- to the plugin developer.

Sure, kind of. It was offsite and the plugin creator made you pay to get an activation code. But ... it worked perfectly for 4 or 5 years and I paid $25. To be honest, I used it so often and was so happy that I was able use it the way that worked best for me, that I consider it money well spent. I don't mind paying a fair fee for for something I can't do myself. Of course, the "rip off" part comes in the lifetime claim. In retrospect I should have paid $10 for a one-time fee.

TiTheFungi

Okay, this may be a totally ignorant question, but why are you choosing to play over WiFi instead of Bluetooth? Would it be more stable? Don't they both use the same 2.4Ghz frequency?

Sorry if I'm coming off defensive, I really am just curious.
"It's not about winning or losing the game. It's about playing the game and being fun to play with."
-Jordan Peterson

vincent kars

Bluetooth = short range, low power and in case of audio 320 kbs

WiFi= long range, high power and in case of audio any lossless format at ay sample rate.