Author Topic: Opacity  (Read 3687 times)

fred

Does anyone know what panels, if any, will accept a colour of the form "a,r,g,b" where a = opacity (225 = opaque, 0=transparent). The reason I ask reason I ask is that I've just bought an Ultra 4K monitor and IMHO most skins both Light and dark do not make use of the subtlety of colour available. To illustrate I produced 4 palette of colour using Frost from the Nord palette:

Left to right opacity is 100%, 80%, 60% and 40%.

I hope you see what I'm getting at. I tied as an experiment to change one bg (Content[TrackDetail].Default) to "150,r,g,b@ but got this error:

MusicBee v3.3.7392.27245P  (Win10.0), 1 May 2020 17:52:

System.ArgumentException: Control does not support transparent background colors.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_BackColor(Color value)
   at #=zxveRb1ZAE89FC14AiUKGuYw=.set_BackColor(Color #=z2HeS1A4=)
   at #=z2aAYQ9clFJGYNYJmt2UiiZ0=.#=zPf7LUr0wIgTehwAnJg==()
   at #=zsiKhUs$okbuAUdTGVO_lzBg=.#=zPf7LUr0wIgTehwAnJg==()
   at #=zsiKhUs$okbuAUdTGVO_lzBg=.#=zJd4LcA4=(Boolean #=zdQJCdtw=)
   at #=zt1F4vnT6XEkqN6nMYK28C6A=.#=zJd4LcA4=(Boolean #=zdQJCdtw=)
   at #=zCSrCk7uoM7ZAgqrwLaloroPkDYvc.#=z2fzykB2jW3y6.#=zJd4LcA4=(Boolean #=zdQJCdtw=)
   at #=zCSrCk7uoM7ZAgqrwLaloroPkDYvc.#=z5U12Z4SwC7Bi(#=zxgsdZvNlMgf8AA$r_idSh7o= #=z0ZdqdCmaSAum, Boolean #=zHPBfLFXG_1Uf, #=z5dSx8ac= #=zFgps3qw=, #=zn9ariw4TYrTf1Te5qRrtr0E= #=zB2xkLYLwdZVa, Boolean #=zEE1_ouwaK5N$, #=z8BuTedZa$xuoc3ENpZBZWOE= #=z22WxAKpvMbY8, #=zIObHQGHqJhC4MUoS3twBBoM=[] #=zZZnFHCd7wIU0, Boolean #=z5cA1arlxFJ6D)

I'd be interested in people's opinions

fred

Oh one thing to note - the image has n pixels each with a "a,r,g,b" coding - what I see on my screen might be very different to what you see on your screen. I also have a bog standard 1920x1080 Asus and colours definitely look different there

The Photoshop psd is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEOZMiKqTw_jlFmdqWD8cU8lgdv?e=f2mZIu

If you want to comment please give the specs of the monitor you are using: resolution: wide x high, diagonal: "d"

I'd most interested if any users still with VGA comment - if pushed I might connect my 1920x1080 via VGA

Steven

• Administrator
Generally the panels in MusicBee dont work with an alpha value in the colour. Some sub-panels can work depending on how they are implemented but its not something i can easily provide a list for

hiccup

Does anyone know what panels, if any, will accept a colour of the form "a,r,g,b" where a = opacity (225 = opaque, 0=transparent).
I'd be interested in people's opinions

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.
Opacity usually is to create some transparency so that the background (colour/image) shines through the element in front of it.
Why would you want a panel to have transparency? What would be the background of that panel that would shine through?
Also, it will make your panel colour a bit unpredictable, and I am guessing you instead want exact control over it?

stevie02222

Why would you want a panel to have transparency? What would be the background of that panel that would shine through?

Hey guys I can see a real use for this. I have my side player and wave in a floating window with track info turned on. It sits on top of the screen and blocks part of the view. If this could be opaque it would mean I could see the screen behind through the window. Neat idea. Hope it happens.