Author Topic: What external applications are available for MusicBee?  (Read 48775 times)

Mr. Trev

Is there any trick to getting Audiotester to work? I've tried both the standard and 64bit exe, both "<URL>" and "<URLs>"
The window will just pop up saying 0 files tested, 0 errors, etc.

I'm on v.3.3.7453 P of MB atm.

sveakul

There are two apps with the same (almost) name.  The AudioTester I'm familiar with is the one here (ver. 1.7):  http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php .  For that one, the Tools entry working fine here is just:

path:  C:\AudioTester\AudioTester.exe
parameters:  "<URL>"

Analyses the selected file and returns a verdict.  Note my installed path is not in the Windows hierarchy.

But if you are talking about "audioTester" (https://www.audiotester.de/) instead, I can't help.

Mr. Trev

Indeed, it was the first one. I tried the newest MB beta patch and even DL'ed from the link you posted and installed it to the same path as you. No joy.
After some further digging, I found audiotester would work with files on my HD, but not with anything over my network - my music is stored on a NAS. Go figure.

sveakul

You can use flac.exe for testing FLAC files in a Tools entry instead of AudioTester, since its "-t" option performs just a file test:

Application Path:  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Parameters:  /k c:\FLAC\flac.exe -t "<URLs>"

Of course, change the path to wherever your flac.exe is located.  Use a path without spaces as I found using quotes around one with spaces didn't work in this context.

MeeMeeMee

You can use flac.exe for testing FLAC files in a Tools entry instead of AudioTester, since its "-t" option performs just a file test:

Application Path:  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Parameters:  /k c:\FLAC\flac.exe -t "<URLs>"

Of course, change the path to wherever your flac.exe is located.  Use a path without spaces as I found using quotes around one with spaces didn't work in this context.
Sigh, I'm trying to do something simiar, only flac.exe is "installed" in C:\Program Files\flac\win64\flac.exe and so needs quoting, and fails. I'd rather not "install" it someplace else, or add some silly little .bat file. Any way pull that off? I also tried PowerShell and failed miserably.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

sveakul

You could try adding its current location to the system Path in your W10 Environment Variables;  then in MusicBee try keeping the same Application Path but change the parameters entry to:

/k flac.exe -t "<URLs>"

so_la_la

Please elaborate on the "Url"
I just put the link to mp3directcut in Tools\configuration for an external audio editor...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\mp3DirectCut\mp3DirectCut.exe"
Is this what you meant?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

G-Power

ffmpeg is a great tool for file conversions: https://ffmpeg.org/
I also use it in combination with youtube-dl in order to download music from YouTube: https://youtube-dl.org/

jonap

is there a reason to have Picard or kid3 to handle the tags rather than using the built in musicbee tool?
I have plenty of files to tag and I was wondering if it would help me finish quicker

hiccup

is there a reason to have Picard or kid3 to handle the tags rather than using the built in musicbee tool?
I have plenty of files to tag and I was wondering if it would help me finish quicker
I use Picard on all files and albums before importing them to MusicBee for two main reasons:

- I often find it cumbersome to find the files or albums in MusicBee that don't yet have all the basic tags in order. These external tagging tools make it very easy to add and isolate files on a folder base, and then after preparing them and applying your desired tags it will be very easy to find them back in MusicBee without the need to resort to navigate through folder structures.

- With the use of some scripting Picard will clean or delete all tags that you are not interested in,  and it will write a multitude of relevant tags that it retrieves from MusicBrainz vast database. As able as MusicBee is, it cannot compete with Picard on that level.

scapehips

Another useful tool to check if your flacs are MQA encoded.

https://github.com/purpl3F0x/MQA_identifier/releases

application path: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
parameter: /k c:\"Program Files (x86)"\MusicBee\Plugins\MQA_identifier.exe "<URLs>"

I have it inside the plugins folder but you can put it anywhere. Just change the parameter.

wealstarr

I use Picard on all files and albums before importing them to MusicBee for two main reasons:

- I often find it cumbersome to find the files or albums in MusicBee that don't yet have all the basic tags in order. These external tagging tools make it very easy to add and isolate files on a folder base, and then after preparing them and applying your desired tags it will be very easy to find them back in MusicBee without the need to resort to navigate through folder structures.

- With the use of some scripting Picard will clean or delete all tags that you are not interested in,  and it will write a multitude of relevant tags that it retrieves from MusicBrainz vast database. As able as MusicBee is, it cannot compete with Picard on that level.

Does Picard writes composer, label, copyright, Organization tags?

hiccup

Does Picard writes composer, label, copyright, Organization tags?
composer, yes
label and organisation are the same, yes
copyright, no
Also, define what you mean/expect a copyright tag value to be?

wealstarr

Also, define what you mean/expect a copyright tag value to be?

iTunes writes the copyright tag which alongside publisher also has the information on which label holds the copyright of the recording.

And example:
℗ 2019 Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment