Author Topic: What external applications are available for MusicBee?  (Read 48812 times)

hiccup

MusicBrainz stores what label/company/organisation originally released a specific release.

Keeping track of what company currently has the commercial rights seems extremely difficult, and also not very interesting to me.
It could be a person, a big investment company. Who cares?
Rights can be sold/transferred again and again. It will probably also depend on the world region, and it could differ between songs and albums.

So, no. MusicBrainz only stores the original label/organisation information.
It doesn't keep track of sales and transfers of copyrights.

Or am I misunderstanding why you are interested in having copyright additionally to label/organisation?

wealstarr

Actually not specifically looking for copyright but instead the label/organisation. The reason I included the term is because iTunes doesn't write label/publisher/organization only copyright. It includes the publisher as well as the copyright information, sort of extended version of label/organization.

I'm looking for a tagging application which scraps iTunes for tags, yet to find one. I like their format, full release date instead of just year, Release Type (for sorting) etc etc

I tried kid3 with MusicBrainz and it doesn't appear to write the composer tag. Deezer API also writes composer, author tags, haven't found any application scrapping Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify either.

I'll give Picard a go.

Muzikkbeee

I personally added toolbar command buttons (such useful awesome feature) that open selected files with:

mp3DirectCut - simple audio cutter, useful to remove long stretches of silence, etc.
https://mpesch3.de/

Mp3tag - powerful tag editor
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Boll Weevil

Hi!
How to make TagScanner to open selected files in same window?
Now I have parameters this way:

And each file is opened in new window. If "<URL>" is deleted, for each file sent to TS also new window opened and in each window appear all the files located in the same folder with the file that was sent
What parameter should I input instead of "<URL>" to make it work like if I just drag-and-drop selected tracks from MB to TS?

phred

• Global Moderator
Try using <URLs> instead of <URL>
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Now it sends only first file
It sounds like you haven't selected multiple tracks. You can't select an album. It must be individual tracks.
Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 10:11:04 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Boll Weevil

I selected several random tracks and tried to send them to TS. Only first from selection was sent.

sveakul

I don't have TagScanner installed, but if it's like Mp3tag or Kid3, it's work window may be folder specific, i.e. all the selected files would have to be in the same folder to be opened for its GUI to show them all at the same time.  Maybe that's why you're only seeing one file.

hiccup

You could use <Path> instead of <URL>
If you select one track and use 'send to' it will load all tracks that reside in the same folder.
Maybe not what you are looking for exactly, but it's something.

The Incredible Boom Boom

If you're trying to insert multiple files into TagScanner (and assuming it works like MP3TAG), you could create first create an M3U playlist, then send that to TagScanner. If you wanted to automate it, you'd select your files, then point them to a script that inserts their filepaths into an M3U file, opens TagScanner with the playlist file and then removes the file upon success.

Boll Weevil

Thanks for your answers.
Unfortunately hiccup's suggestion is not what I need. The Incredible Boom Boom's workaround seems to be exactly what I need, but rather complicated for my skills)

hiccup

If you're trying to insert multiple files into TagScanner (and assuming it works like MP3TAG), you could create first create an M3U playlist, then send that to TagScanner.
I have doubts that would work. To me it looks like TagScan can only open a single file or a folder using an(y) 'open with' method.
This may be a limitation of TagScan, in which case the OP could try to contact the developers of TagScan to ask if they can do something about that.

MusicMee

Actually not specifically looking for copyright but instead the label/organisation. The reason I included the term is because iTunes doesn't write label/publisher/organization only copyright. It includes the publisher as well as the copyright information, sort of extended version of label/organization.

I'm looking for a tagging application which scraps iTunes for tags, yet to find one. I like their format, full release date instead of just year, Release Type (for sorting) etc etc

I tried kid3 with MusicBrainz and it doesn't appear to write the composer tag. Deezer API also writes composer, author tags, haven't found any application scrapping Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify either.

I'll give Picard a go.

MP3TAG has a third party source script that scrapes apple music and manages to pull pretty much everything - organization, composers, ids, upc, isrc... Deezer, Qobuz and Spotify - I'm not sure about those...

MusicMee

I use MP3TAG. I tried AudioTester64.exe but it seemed to struggle with batch jobs. It would be a great one to have available though.