Author Topic: m4a Problems  (Read 990 times)

wigster

Hi all,
I'm a new user, looking for something better to replace WMP with  :)

Loving MB so far, but I'm having problems around ratings, only it only seems to be with my m4a files.
I drive pretty much all of my music playback through auto playlists, mostly driven by ratings.

I have a "unrated" playlist, so when I get new music, I go through that playlist, assigning ratings to the individual tracks.

Now I've fired up that auto playlist, I'm seeing that there's an awful lot of m4a's in there, and the tracks are showing up as having no rating stars on the MB status bar. But, if I find the file in Windows Explorer, the ratings are there!
I can't see that this is an issue with scanning, as I haven't made any changes since I imported the library.

The other problem I'm having is that if I update the star rating on these tracks, they're not being reflected in Windows Explorer.

Are there two rating tags? What am I missing on this?

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to a zip of one of the files (not edited with MusicBee) that has this problem

Steven

• Administrator
I tried with musicbee, itunes, foobar and mp3Tag and none see any rating tag.
However I do see the rating in windows explorer so I am guessing windows is using some non-standard way to rate tracks.
If I do discover how windows does it i will make a change but for now you wont be able to use that method

wigster