Author Topic: Is it possible to find out what I've deleted in the past year (or longer)?  (Read 1546 times)

watdub

Hi,
I'm beginning to doubt my sanity :) Is it possible to find out what I've deleted from MusicBee in the past year or two or longer.  I seem to have 'mislaid some of my albums :)

I'm using the lockdown time to tidy up my music in Musicbee (upgrade from mp3 to FLAC).  I looked for my Norah Jones albums and they weren't there.  I couldn't find them in Musicbee or in Microsoft's file explorer either.  Now it's entirely possible I never added them or perhaps I deleted them accidently?

Also, when I searched my entire C: drive, it found this file 'Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones.similar.dat' in 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistData' which would suggest there were 'some' Norah Jones' music files in MusicBee at some point?

It's not the end of the world because I have to rip the CD's anyways but it would be nice to recover the ratings & playcount, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

* Edit: I forgot to mention I also rescanned my external hard drive for all music files and nada...
Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:06:24 PM by watdub

phred

• Global Moderator
There is no way within MB to recover files that you deleted. Or even to see a history of what has been deleted.

Typically files deleted from -within- MB are sent to the recycle bin, so you -could- recover from there. But I have to assume that in the year or two since you (think) the files were deleted, you have emptied the bin and therefore they are no longer recoverable.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

watdub

Thanks, I thought as much.  I guess I'll just have to listen to them again (which is half the reason I went looking for them in the first place)!

And, yes, I do delete my Recycle bin every few months so they were not there either.

Have a nice weekend!

watdub

I thought I would add this as a postscript in case else has the same problem.

I've been using the LastFM plugin to scrobble my music for the past few years.  So when I re-added my music files to MusicBee, MB/LastFm synched the playcounts so, at least, I got that metadata back.