Author Topic: Android remote  (Read 93232 times)

Azazel

Hi Kelsos, i was redirected there by Steve. Ive bug in my latest musicbee and Steve is saying thats your plugin related.
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6999.new;topicseen#new
-
Here is dump thats MB throws

Code
System.ArgumentNullException: Hodnota nem?že být NULL.
Název parametru: InString
   v System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
   v MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetCurrentTrackCover()
   v MusicBeePlugin.ProtocolHandler.<HandleTrackChanged>b__0()
   v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   v System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

kelsos

Azazel

Im using that plugin version yet. ( compared by md5sum ). But i dont see error in past days.

Alexis

OK, so after all this time, I decided to just give this plugin a go,,  as i find myself just too eager to wait for the other aspect Kelsos is working on.

Here are my problems:

I downloaded the desktop side from this link provided by kelsos:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cviceff9iia73iz try this version of the plugin. It should be fine.

For the Cellphone side...  I emailed this link to myself.. and downloaded it to my phone(to avoid navigating to musicbee and finding the topic on my phone) 

All reading...

here are the downloads:
xxxx

The APK's

http://www.mediafire.com/?iu7b1ip69gc1zu2

or when that doesn't work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kpp9kpquavle3f7

Seems everything went fine on the pc side, because soon after the  plugin was installed, a firewall notification came up.

The problem for me seems to be the cellphone side.  As i said, I downloaded the  latter link indicated above, but when trying to run it, it is asking for a program to run it with... out of ignorance i chose  my internet browser which then loaded with gibberish. 

I know i am missing something so please help. :)
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

kelsos

You have to have enabled the Unknown sources for the app to get installed. There is somewhere in the application settings in android system menu. It says something about installing non market apps. after this basically android should recognize the apk on its own and install the app at least this have been the process on a few android devices I tried..

Also sorry for taking so long with the application, I decided to do some major code change and I am having major issues on making the changes work as intended.

Alexis

I have unknown sources option checked.. because I install apps from amazon's android market. (I also double checked to make sure I do)

I should let you know if it matters that I am using ICS  android OS.  

When i download it, it is downloaded as   mb_remote_2.7z... and shows up in the notification area.. I  click on it and it asks for an associated app.
BTW, I downloaded/tried it about 5 times to make sure it was not something i was doing, including dl through  this board,for whatever it was worth.

No problem about you taking a while kelsos... this is not about your work and progress, but about my excitement about the whole idea.  Please take your time.
Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:11:02 PM by BeeFanatic

kelsos

OK the 7zip is an archive (like rar/zip) the archive includes the old dll (more issues and unhandled exceptions) along with the notifications including apk you have to get an application to extract it and then install the apk.

The one without the notifications is a single apk, that one will install without issues.

Alexis

Well, now I am feeling stupid for not having realized that it is a zip file..  I use 7-zip, but did not think I would need an unzipper on my phone.  

I know you will be doing a new thread when you are ready, but since I did not have the common sense to  follow the steps to have it working .. I will  re-post  your guidelines just in case there is one more person out there like myself. 

I had success and it is currently working Great!
Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:07:05 PM by BeeFanatic

Alexis

I had a hard time wrapping my head around installing this remote, so I am layout the thoughts here in a way that makes sense to a non-techie like myself:
===================================
Steps provided by Kelsos and Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)
===================================

Plugin for the PC
http://www.mediafire.com/?cviceff9iia73iz
This DLL must be placed in:

eg:  C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins

APK for the phone:
The APK file must be installed on your Phone
http://www.mediafire.com/?iu7b1ip69gc1zu2

Install it through a file explorer. Enable installation from unknown source too!
(I used an unzipper program to get to the install file, but seems like a file explorer would work)

PC side:
On the pc side if you don't change the default port you only need to install the plugin and know the ip address that the computer uses on the local network http://www.oldpapers.info/2007/finding-internal-ip-in-windows/ here is a link on who to find the internal ip on your LAN.

Phone side:
Now on the client application (Remote control for Musicbee) you go to the Settings, and under connection Settings you put the IP on the field Hostname or IP and the port (3000 if you used the default) in the port field. Now go back to the main screen, and if the indicator on the upper right side is still red open the menu and press the connect button. When connected the indicator should be green.

gilgoe

Are there any peculiarities when installing APK on a phone?

brainfryd

Hi Kelsos

Just wanted to say this is very cool.. have it running nicely on my Galaxy Nexus CM10 Jellybean.

Looking forward to your updates

Regards
brainfryd

titule

Hi, I'm using this remote control regularly now and have some proposals.

- When I try to change the volume, a menu with the entry "Lyrics" pops up and disturbs me. Can you remove it or don't pop it up near the volume slide?
- Can you make the volume slider larger in landscape mode? And accept the hardware + / - button too for volume changes?
- The Auto-DJ function very often chooses songs I don't like. If I don't remove it immediately, it will choose many more of these ugly songs. Can you implement the "remove song from playlist" please? (Would be nice to have full editable playlists though.)

Thanks to that good work, I don't need winamp any more...

kelsos

In the new version I am currently working the lyrics don't work this way, I tried it for a while, and I also found it annoying so I change the way it works. Now there is a button in the actionbar for opening the lyrics.

Yeah I can try to find how to intercept the hardware volume buttons when the application is open.

Yeah I can also have a look on how to remove tracks. I had that one in mind too. Fully editable playlists would be probably implemented later along with the library search functionality.

dual-o

Hi,

I have some wishes for the new release.
- can you give the app a new icon? (like MusicBee desktop icon)
- it is possible to change the name? At android market (GooglePlay) all remote apps named like "LG Remote", "Unified Remote" or "XBMC Remote". So it will be nice when there would be "MusicBee Remote".

Thanks for the great app!

brainfryd

Hi Kelsos

Have noticed since installing this plugin... i'm getting regular crashes of MB... here's the error it throws ... i don't even have the service running on the phone or a connection made and it still seems to throw an error every half hour or so... any ideas ??

" MusicBee v2.0.4617.31533 (Win6.1), 26 Aug 2012 18:38:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetCurrentTrackCover()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ProtocolHandler.<HandleTrackChanged>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() "

I can just restart MB and it will run ok for a while... thought you should know about this anyway..

brainfryd