Author Topic: Android remote  (Read 93228 times)

ChristmasRose

An API for Android?  OMG, if that could be done it would really be appreciated.

Nixander

kelsos

Unfortunately even though the Flex SDK is wonderful to work as a developer is really resource heavy on the phone, so it would be really forbidding on the low to mid range devices due to RAM and ROM requirements. I had to move to Native Android development where I have to familiarize my self since I have no previous experience developing for Android so that's the reason for the delay. Luckily I don't have to rework the plugin part or the Xml based protocol as they work fine so I just have to replicate the functionality on the native application. The native application seems to be really light on resources and I can also implement a few features I had in mind, like the option to lower the music volume on incoming call. Also I will try to implement the ability to change the song rating, since the android SDK has a rating control. The lowest targeted version will be Android 2.2 [API v8].

Maleko12

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the app, but please take your time  :)

kelsos

Maleko12

Looking great thus far! What's the name of the song playing in the video? I'm pretty sure that Finntoll is not the same artist as the artist playing :P

kelsos

No the track playing is one of the free tracks youtube has for users (title:This House Is Funky 3 (30) Barrie Gledden, Kes Loy). I am not sure if I could use fintroll on a youtube video on due to copyright. 

Also new vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfrZD96oZM with the playlist working :)
Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:08:55 AM by kelsos

Nixander

great! i cant wait to try it out :) looks very smooth to me

agoMiST

kelsos

silasje1

You need to have people testing??? i can help if you want. I have rooted Xperia Neo with CM2.3.7
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

titule

This is the only reason why I don't use MusicBee: The missing android remote control.

... but: I don't see a volume control in the layout... this is the function I use the most

-edit- oops.. found it... it's the big one! Very nice
I thought the volume slider is the song position locator.. this is much better!

Can I have it ? :)
Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:46:52 AM by titule

abhinavsays42

this will seal the deal for MB. please put it in the market soon. awaiting impatiently.

Steven

• Administrator
on the video link the following comment was made by kelsos:
"actually there are some issues that have to be? resolved and some more work has to be done in the server - plugin part unfortunately I don't have much time to continue the development at the moments since it is exam period so I ll have to delay it for a while. "

Alexis

This is really very impressive stuff.  Looking forward any available testing phase
They are not lazy... just more efficient.