Author Topic: Android remote  (Read 94446 times)

Maleko12

I have a LG Optimus S (3.5 inch display, 480 x 320 resolution) running Gingerbread (2.3.3 to be exact). More info at this link: http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS670-Gray-optimus-s
I installed the app on my phone but all I got was a blank black screen. I can't even send a report via my phone.

kelsos

Maleko did it happen with both the apks?

Maleko12

Oops! Sorry, only tried the first one. The second one works! I'll play around with it :) Thanks so much for doing this kelsos!

OK, this is cool! After setting it up, it works very well. I can pause it, lower/raise volume, mute it, and so on. At least for my small phone screen, the Playing Track is left blank until you press the menu button.
Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:13:36 AM by Maleko12

kelsos

Newer Version of the plugin. This one won't crash on bad cover data. http://www.mediafire.com/?zktxur7241a817b

titule

Oops! Sorry, only tried the first one.

Newer Version of the plugin. This one won't crash on bad cover data. http://www.mediafire.com/?zktxur7241a817b
I suggest you edit your OP every time you make an update and enter there the latest URL for the download. That would make it easier to find it, specially if many people posted after you added a new version.

I'm so glad you're doing this , thanks so much.

-edit-
oops, kelsos is not the OP!
How about starting a new thread than and close this one with a link to the new one?
Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:02:46 AM by titule

Alexis

Thank you for your work Kelsos.  I have been really waiting for this feature.   Please keep up the good work...

I am  currently  waiting patiently for this aspect to be resolved:

(((((((((((Also security wise the application traffic is completely unencrypted, there is no handshake at the moment so every socket, client application can connect if it knows the ip/port where the plugin is listening. Also there is no limit on the IP addresses that can connect, so at the moment everyone is able to connect. If for example you don't have some type of Firewall/NAT system then I guess it would be possible for everyone to connect through the internet. These are things that I plan to solve in the future. ))))))))))
Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:05:23 AM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

agoMiST

Huge thanks for your efforts Kelsos, it works like a goddamn charm  ;D

I look forward to any further functionality you may add once you move beyond alpha...
(Last.fm 'love' button and playlist loading being my two most wanted)  ;) ;) ;) ;)

knight0323

it would be building an HTML front end (that maybe looks like what kelsos did) that calls defined methods from a webserver (MB would have a plugin to make it act like a web-server) eg. when a play button is clicked, a function will be called

I might be able to get involved. How are you building the web server plugin? Web services, self hosting web API, etc.? Also, does this web-server plugin have it's own thread?

boschhd

Hello

It works on my phone as well. The APK without the notifications, and the latest plugin.
It is an xperia mini pro.

Thanks!
Henk

bugmenot

It works on my LG optimus 2X using CM 7.2. The only minor bug I found is the menu that is slighly misaligned (bottom is cropped). Great work otherwise!

titule

How do you get this to work?

I found a dll.. where should I put it?
And where can I get the app?

Sorry if this info is hidden somewhere in this thread, I did not find it.

silasje1

How do you get this to work?

I found a dll.. where should I put it?
And where can I get the app?

Sorry if this info is hidden somewhere in this thread, I did not find it.

The DLL must be put in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins

The APK file must be installed on your Phone

Install it through a file explorer. Enable installetion from unkown source too!
Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:13:23 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

cenzo

Hey folks, Has anyone come up with an app for MusicBee yet?  I would love to be able to play my stuff with the same player i use on my pc.

Thanks...

bbbco

I was able to get it working on my Samsung Infuse 4G (still on Froyo).

Thanks for the hard work! Will look forward to updates in the future to have more fine grained controls.

cenzo

Hey bbbco.  Do you mean you d/l the MusicBee on to your cell?  Thought it would have to be an app designed for a phone.

Am I wrong?  Thanks.