Author Topic: multi-monitor: sub panels not opened in same monitor main panel is open in  (Read 1779 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Not sure if this is a bug or a Windows failing.

If I have MB open on monitor2, and open a sub-panel (preferences, tag editor, etc) then these get opened on monitor1.

If I drag these panels over to monitor2, the next time I use MB on monitor1 I have to drag them all back to monitor1.

Can't MB can't tell which monitor it's open on and open the sub-panels to match?

I have some programs that behave the same as MB (MP3tag) but I also have others that can follow which monitor they are open on.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
MB remembers the last position for most dialog windows so I am not understanding why you think this is a bug. The dialog window would only be moved by MB if it thought the monitor its being displayed in is no longer active

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'll move this to wishlist. I too would prefer that dialogs open on the same monitor as MB, unless maybe I had deliberately placed it in a separate monitor.
Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:20:02 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I'll move this to wishlist. I too would prefer that dialogs open on the same monitor as MB, unless maybe I had deliberately planned it in a separate monitor.
Thanks psycho  :)
I'm glad you could put into simpler terms what I was trying to explain!

MB remembers the last position for most dialog windows so I am not understanding why you think this is a bug.
I thought it might be a bug as other apps I use also remember the position of any floating windows that the main panel opens, until you move the main screen to another monitor. They then get opened in the same screen position but on the monitor the main panel is now on.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

-1 Some pop-up windows I've moved to my other monitor on purpose and I don't want to have to re-position them each time they're opened.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
-1 Some pop-up windows I've moved to my other monitor on purpose and I don't want to have to re-position them each time they're opened.

Are you switching which screen MusicBee is on a lot? That's when this would matter. If you're not doing that, then I would expect them to continue to open wherever you put them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Are you switching which screen MusicBee is on a lot? That's when this would matter. If you're not doing that, then I would expect them to continue to open wherever you put them.

Nope, but I feel like opening the possibility may cause it to happen inadvertently.  :(