Author Topic: Couple of Basic Qustions  (Read 2350 times)

zoronkiel

Is the Album Rating Value stored inside the Tracks or is this Database Specific data. Some times i rate albums i need to keep my eye out, but i wonder whether this stays on the file, so when i move the files over to my iphone i can search for album rating there

Another simple question is whether i can exempt an album from the library. Some times when i fix values and covers for an album i need to remove it, while still keeping it in the working dirctory where it scans for Files, but i need to remove it from MusicBee DB so that i know i dont have to work and make any changes for it any more

The Incredible Boom Boom

This isn't a definitive answer, but I see the album rating tag in mp3tag, which suggests to me it's accessible by other outside programs as well.

frankz

Another simple question is whether i can exempt an album from the library. Some times when i fix values and covers for an album i need to remove it, while still keeping it in the working dirctory where it scans for Files, but i need to remove it from MusicBee DB so that i know i dont have to work and make any changes for it any more
Select the files and right click->Send To->Inbox

zoronkiel

This isn't a definitive answer, but I see the album rating tag in mp3tag, which suggests to me it's accessible by other outside programs as well.

I tried pulling an album rating column on windows explorer, but such field wasnt available, and it put me into thinking

Select the files and right click->Send To->Inbox

Ok will do but just for fyi, what does sending to inbox mean?

frankz

Ok will do but just for fyi, what does sending to inbox mean?
It removes it from the database as you requested. It will not show up in searches or when you browse your library. It's just a different category like Podcasts or Audiobooks. When you want to put it back in the library, you go to the Inbox and do the same thing, only you choose "Music Library" instead of "Inbox" that time.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just to clarify, it is still in the database, but it won't show up under "Music". Searches which include the entire library (as opposed to local node only) will find it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Yes my mistake, I should not have said without checking that Inbox items wouldn't show up in searches.  That's wrong. 

hiccup

As a personal observation/opinion:

It would be much better to create a custom tag such as 'processed' or something.
Then you can easily set up a library filter to filter your 'processed' music out from having them displayed in your library.

MusicBee's purpose of 'inbox' is pretty much the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.

frankz

MusicBee's purpose of 'inbox' is pretty much the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.
This is true.  Inbox is typically for processing your files and getting the tags right before transferring to the library. That's the normal workflow.

I answered as the more understanding version of frankz though, one who has given up trying to figure out why people do things the way they do them.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's really no rule on how the inbox can be used, though. The duplicate manager's "hide" function actually just sends things to the inbox, too.
Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:38:31 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I answered as the more understanding version of frankz though, one who has given up trying to figure out why people do things the way they do them.

Nice try ;-)
I think 'tough love' is better though.
It won't always make you popular, but if a new user is really trying to learn and over time is getting more serious in using MusicBee's more advanced features, bad initial habits will very likely bite him—or others that follow suit—in the tuches someday.

zoronkiel

Ok, so then how do i set it up so they end up automatically in my INBOX when scanning, and manually move them to library after i've worked on them

hiccup

Ok, so then how do i set it up so they end up automatically in my INBOX when scanning, and manually move them to library after i've worked on them

{right click}: send to library

edit:
sorry frankz, I see you  beat me with a reply, but I didn't want my screenshots go to waste ;-)

frankz

I'm deleting my post as I like your screenshot post better.